jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

After Greece, Italy is on fire, are we next?

1. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

We watched the Arab revolutions burn and crash because of the poverty and dictatorship factors. In Europe after Spain led the "indignants" movement, Italy just stepped on the accelerator of violence by attacking the symbols of the austerity, of the authority with plastic charges. I guess people reached their point of no return. Your opinion on the subject?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
      Jesus was a hippyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We? Hubpages?

2. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

Well, I'm in Britain, and things are still fine here. We have the 'Occupy St. Pauls' Movement, but they're mostly middle class hippies. They don't really represent the downtrodden majority. I doubt whether we'll go as far as the Arab states or Spain, Italy. We've got Wimbledon coming up and we can't have that interrupted, can we? big_smile

1. CASE1WORKER profile image84
      CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh and the Jubilee Weekend- then the Olympics- oh and the European Cup- so we are a bit too busy to revot- try next year

1. JKenny profile image93
        JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Of course, I'd forgotten about those; can't have the Queen's big weekend spoilt by a revolt lol! As for Wimbledon, I was thinking more of the strawberry's and cream than the Tennis big_smile

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

I suppose a few more people might write to their MP? And as Mr Pickles and Mr Duncan-Smth say, all we have to do is work harder!

1. JKenny profile image93
      JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah! The classic British reaction to anger. I'm going to write a letter, and it WILL BE A FORMAL LETTER OF COMPLAINT! Done a few of those in my time big_smile

1. CASE1WORKER profile image84
        CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I dare say the editors of the Times and Telegraph will be prepared!

working