jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Genetics or lifestyle choice?

1. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I pointed out to a person that the LGBT ratio is about 4% of the US population - about the same as babies born with ambiguous gender that American doctors so-called 'fix' at birth.  Isn't LGBT discrimination the last acceptable prejudice against people with birth 'defects'?

In Salinas, República Dominicana "so many of the girls used to turn in to men as teenagers that some families waited until puberty before treating them as either daughters or sons ... locally known as quevedoces, (testicles at twelve), suffered from a genetic enzyme deficiency that blocked normal physiological development until the rush of testosterone at puberty rectified the condition" - P.75 "A World of Curiosities"

2. 0
    rickyliceaposted 4 years ago

I don't see why people don't like Gays, If you don't like same sex behavior then don't engage in it.
    I don't like to eat OREO cookies, so should I ban other people from eating them?

1. tirelesstraveler profile image86
      tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I could give a fig newton about what people do in their bedrooms.  What I don't like is that little kids in California K-12 have to be taught all about sexual intercourse of all varieties, but not that they should eat food from various food groups.  There are kids who don't even know that milk comes from cows.but they can tell you all about sex. They know nothing about the maturation process their bodies are going through just what sex is. 40 years ago girls learned about the changes their bodies were going through now that's not part of sex ed.   Perhaps not knowing what makes you fat is taught here too or is that  caught?

1. ptosis profile image80
        ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

40 years ago girls had puberty at 12-16, now it's 8 -12. earlier than in previous generations