jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Choosing a life partner

1. 0
    yangaboyposted 5 years ago

Would prefer a woman that is beautiful but has no good character to a lesser pretty one but has a good character in choosing a life partner?

1. carcro profile image88
      carcroposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Looks help in the initial attraction, but in the end their has to be something more. A lasting relationship is only built on trust and loyalty, two traits found in people who have good character. Looks won't buy you coffee these days.

2. Bestlife profile image82
      Bestlifeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Look is what someone attracts, but good look with no personality will not last for sure.  again, beauty is differ to person to person. (I mean the external beauty). what matter most is that whether is she beautiful from inside. Even,i will not marry miss world beauty, is she has a bad character/personality. so go for the less pretty one with a good character....! you will not regret for that decision at age 50...!

3. your cybersister profile image60
      your cybersisterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Looks get one's attention, but they aren't enough to build a lasting relationship on.  Good looks also fade over time, while inner beauty, personality, character, intelligence and such still shine through.   You may get truly lucky and find someone who has both personality and looks, but in general, go for the person whose company you enjoy over the person you like looking at.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Personality,Personality, Personality,Personality.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

brains, brains, brains......

3. mareezy13 profile image60
    mareezy13posted 5 years ago

Having been married once to a handsome man with no personality, I would definitely say go with the personality.  My marriage failed miserably!  I am now with a very comical man who looks better to me now than my first husband ever did!!!

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

People seem to get better looking the more
    you like them.

1. kmackey32 profile image82
      kmackey32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol so true

5. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

My life partner would only have to understand acceptance. As long as her and I were on the same with regards to that, then I don't see a problem. wink

6. 61
    dentistinwaterlooposted 5 years ago

As long as your soul mate has a great smile!!!

I like your post and will mention it to a <a href="http://www.dentistinwaterloo.ca">Dentist in Waterloo</a>. Thanks