It is found that anything that can go wrong at sea generally does go wrong sooner or later, so it is not to be wondered that owners prefer the safe to the scientific.... Sufficient stress can hardly be laid on the advantages of simplicity. The human factor cannot be safely neglected in planning machinery. If attention is to be obtained, the engine must be such that the engineer will be disposed to attend to it
Not exactly but,but sometimes it happens i think.I feel so because I do not strongly believe in fate.
I have written a hub called Sod's Law that sums up why theoretically if something can go wrong, it will go wrong in the worse possible way.
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong is Murphy's Law.
Here are some other popular Universal Laws:
1. Law of Mechanical Repair - Immediately after your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.
2. Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the absolute least accessible position.
3. Law of Probability -The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act
4. Law of Random Numbers - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.
5. Law of the Alibi - If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire.
6. Variation Law - If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now (works every time).
7. Law of the Bath - When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.
8. Law of Close Encounters -The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone with whom you don't want to be seen.
9. Law of the Result - When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will..
10. Law of Biomechanics - The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
11. Law of the Theater and Hockey Arena - At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle, always arrive last. They are the ones who will leave their seats several times to go for food, beer, or the toilet and who leave early before the end of the performance or the game is over. The folks in the aisle seats come early, never move once, have long gangly legs or big bellies, and stay to the bitter end of the performance. The aisle people also are very surly folk.
12. The Coffee Law - As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss or client will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
13. Murphy's Law of Lockers - If there are only two people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.
14. Law of Physical Surfaces - The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor, are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.
15. Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
16. Brown's Law of Physical Appearance - If the clothes fit, they're ugly.
17. Oliver's Law of Public Speaking - A closed mouth gathers no feet.
18. Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.
19. Doctors' Law - If you don't feel well, make an appointment to go to the doctor, by the time you get there you'll feel better. But don't make an appointment, and you'll stay sick. Also applies to Dentists.
And, what exactly does your OP have to do with "Gender and Relationships"?
Your OP talks about things that have nothing to do with the topic you placed in.
Not to mention, your OP also shows that English isn't your primary language and having said that.....be careful your hubs don't get flagged for poor grammar, which is obviously going to be a problem, just by reading your OP.
Just a thought.
@Disturbia- nice list.
Thanks Cags, I'm not ever sure what the OP is about, but I've had that list of laws in a joke email forever and I finally found a place to use it.
I think Murphy's Law can apply to relationships. When you have my track record (5 husbands), "anything that can go wrong will go wrong" could be an absolute truth.
I like Disturbia's list of laws-- and since this is in the wrong place anyway, I will comment.
I think #4 may be wrong, because I frequently get someone on my answering machine, calling me by another name and telling me that the movie I ordered has come in. It is a wrong number, but I feel bad for the person awaiting their movie.
by Antecessor6 years ago
This thread is for the discussion of hubbers views on the origins of life and only on that subject. Please, if you wish to participate, pretend you are engaging in a debate. Make your statement, then back it up with...
by ShawnRBlackmore5 years ago
I recently came across The Secret written by Rhonda Byrne. After viewing the hour and a half documentary it made a lot of sense to me. What are your thoughts on the law of attraction ?
by Nicole Canfield24 hours ago
Why is it that Christians believe that Buddhists, Hindus, Pagans, Native Americans, etc. are all wrong in their beliefs and that they'll all go somewhere horrible when they die? Why can't we just accept that other...
by Abihahyil Shawmar4 years ago
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the Torah of Elohim according to the inward man
by mischeviousme5 years ago
Why is it that believers are so opinionated about God? Why is it that they will resort to insanity, to defend their own insanity? They make wildly generalized statements about their God, that would suggest they have no...
by Grace Marguerite Williams8 months ago
PresidentLove or hate Hillary Clinton, she is leading significantly in the polls for Democratic presidential candidate. She has the political smarts & experience to led this country. She also have...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.