jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think Murphy's Law holds any ground now??

1. anthonyhopkin profile image60
    anthonyhopkinposted 7 years ago

Do you think Murphy's Law holds any ground now??

2. W. K. Hayes profile image91
    W. K. Hayesposted 7 years ago

"Anything that can go wrong, will?"...My question is, will there ever come a day when it's not true LOL

3. profile image50
    she_speaksposted 7 years ago

Murphy had so many laws (none of which had/have any real factual basis of course), but I think he hit the nail on the head in most cases. I believe that, for as long as human beings are in existence, his laws will remain a part of our culture, as it allows us to (at times) look upon our own misfortunes in a more lighthearted manner...
    His laws are, oddly, comforting because they unify us (as a race) in our pain and misfortune...
    Getting through something traumatic or embarrassing is so much easier when you know that everyone else on the planet has or will (at some stage) go through the same thing. It's also comforting to believe that the universe is against everybody else too - not just you...
    It's a strange concept, I know, but Human Beings like to feel a part of something bigger than themselves (most of the time) whether it be the latest fashion trend, politics, Religion, victory or tragedy, and Murphy's Law(s) is certainly no exception to that rule...

4. fibo777 profile image60
    fibo777posted 7 years ago

For those who have the same mentality as Murphy it does. For those who are optimists and have a positive attitude towards any aspect in life, it does not.

5. taja609 profile image55
    taja609posted 7 years ago

I must say some of the laws proved their veridicity in my life smile

6. badegg profile image77
    badeggposted 7 years ago

Yes, Obama is President, and if anything can go wrong, it will.

working