A Virtuous Woman has Godly Wisdom
Virtuous Women of God
Virtuous women will frequently have a form of holiness. Some people may think that they can figure out how a woman is by the clothes she wears. That's not necessarily true, clothes do not define a woman but a woman's actions define who she is. A righteous woman has righteous behavior, and a foolish woman has foolish behavior. If we would only judge a book by its cover then we would never want to open the book to know its content and value. But if we get to know a woman by her actions and behavior then we shouldn't just judge her by her appearance on the outside. The bible says that when a man finds a wife he finds a good thing; the Word of God didn't say that when a man finds a wife he finds a loose woman, a bad woman, or an immoral woman.
A virtuous woman's character consist of: discretion, discreetness, sacredness, and modesty. A modest woman's worth is not found in wearing revealing clothes, massive amounts of make-up on the face, or how cruel she treats others; but her worth is the opposite.
Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or what so ever you do, do all to the glory of God . . . Abstain from all appearance of evil. 2 Thessalonians 5:22
Dictionary Definitions for:
- Morals - Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior.
- Righteous - Morally upright; without guilt or sin.
- Foolish - Lacking or exhibiting a lack of good sense or judgment; silly. Resulting from stupidity or misinformation; unwise.
- Fool - One who behaves stupidly; one devoid of common sense; a simpleton, a clown; to behave like a fool.
- Modest - having or showing a moderate amount of humbleness, free from conceitedness, extravagance, and not loud or obnoxious. Also shows decent behavior, speech and dress.
How to Be Virtuous Women
The majority of women want to be good women, righteous women, and most of all Godly women. The answer is "How do we become to be virtuous women?" Let's go to the creator that created women (Heavenly God), and read his instructions on how to be a virtuous woman.
Proverbs 31 A Virtuous Woman
♥ Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies.
The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil all the days of her life.
She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands.
She is like the merchant ships; she brings her food from afar.
She also rises while it is yet night, and provides food for her household and a portion for her maidservants.
She considers a field and buys it; from her profits she plants a vineyard. She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms, she perceives that her merchandise is good and her lamp does not go out by night.
She stretches out her hands to the distaff, and her hand holds the spindle.
She extends her hand to the poor, yes; she reaches out her hands to the needy. ♥
Recommended - (Read the continued in Proverbs 31:21-31)
So here we have it, some instructions from "God's Word" on how to be a virtuous woman.
The dictionary's definition of:
- A virtuous woman - Marked by virtue; morally good; pure and chaste. Characterized by or possessing virtue or moral excellence; righteous; upright.
- Godliness - Holiness; righteousness.
- Wisdom - Quality of being wise; knowledge and the capacity to make use of it; judgment.
Great book for starting your day the right way.
What are things that foolish women do? I'm sure there are many things that some women do, which are foolish. We are not perfect, but we have to "do better' once we 'know better.'
- Don't read the Bible often.
- Go partying and drinking alcohol frequently instead of interacting with the family.
- Foolish women put their boy-friends before their children.
- Favor one of her children instead of all of them.
- Don't help their children with school work/homework.
- Don't teach their children manners or morals.
- Rather watch many hours of television than to read a positive book once in a while.
- Won't further her education; get a certificate or diploma after high school.
- Won't learn new skills or a hobby.
- Doesn't dress with modest apparel (1 Timothy 2:9).
Verse of Scripture
Treasures of wickedness profit nothing, but righteousness delivers from death. The Lord will not allow the righteous soul to famish, but He casts away the desire of the wicked.
He or She who has a slack hand becomes poor, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.
Wise people store up knowledge, but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.
A foolish woman is clamorous; She is simple, and knows nothing.
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts. Proverbs
Watch this video - Virtuous Women Have the Spirit of Purification! (Juanita Bynum)
Women of Righteousness
Many woman have been hurt in some way, in this life. That doesn't mean that woman have to behave in a wrong way just because we have been hurt. Two wrongs don't make things right. Never let someone's bad behaviors make you lose yourself as a good woman. Woman can be released from hurt, and God will forgive you for all your wrong doings. Just begin to forgive yourself for the things that you have done wrong.
I read a book in 1997 that helped me with all the emotions I had inside as a woman. I was trying to be the best woman I knew to be. And this book by "T. D. Jakes," Woman Thou Art Loosed really had me to feel, and release the hurt as a woman, so that I can move on without looking into the pass for answers.
Further, the wise woman builds her house, but the foolish pulls it down with her hands. (Proverbs)
Feel free to leave a comment, and let me know what being a virtuous woman means to you. Thank you, God Bless you.
Bible Meditation Mind Health
© 2011 Brinafr3sh
More by this Author
Recognize the voice of God; our prayers should be inline with the will of the Heavenly Father. Talking to God is praying to Him; and His sheep recognize His voice.
How often do you pray, and has prayer changed things in your life? If we don't have an ounce of doubt, our prayers will be answered.
Afeni Shakur, the mother of Tupac Shakur, was a former member of the Black Panther Party for Self Defense. Ms. Shakur was a strong black woman, a philanthropist, and a Christian woman.