jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Did Evolution really happen?

1. God made science profile image61
    God made scienceposted 4 years ago

Did it really happen? Or is it a myth, like the moon landing, or the war on terrorism? Have you seen that evolution happening somewhere near your house? Come on...it might be you are just deluded.

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely, evolution is nothing more than a conspiracy theory created for the sole purpose of bringing down the Church. It is always best to cover ones eyes and ears while screaming like a banshee whenever the subject of evolution rears it's ugly head.

God made scienceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ya, YOU saw Evolution happening, mam lol

2. twosheds1 profile image61
      twosheds1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you think the moon landing is a myth then I shouldn't even dignify your question with a response, but since ATM responded, so will I.

Yes, evolution really happened. To deny evolution is to deny also most of cosmology, physics, paleontology, archaeology, historical geology, zoology, botany, biogeography, and much of early human history, not to mention the germ theory of medicine. All those disciplines coincide and complement each other with their evidence for evolution.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Can't speak for anyone else, but yes, I see it happening.  Every year when I need a new flu shot because the bugs have mutated and the old one doesn't work any more.

God made scienceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. brotheryochanan profile image60
      brotheryochananposted 4 years ago in reply to this

yes, certain evolvements do occur in the same species and this is not a phylum situation, but an organism. If we ever see the flu germ turn into an elephant or even an ant then we might have to go hmmmm.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Indeed, if we ever see the flu germ turn into an elephant of even an ant we would have to go hmmmm.  God must exist and be using His magic.

Of course, those of us that understand even the rudiments of evolution and are honest about it won't bother to bring up such silly examples as it would indeed take Gods magic to produce such a thing.

What is your purpose in making the statement?  I know you understand that evolution says it won't happen - what then is the reason to say such a ridiculous thing?  Just another dishonest attempt to drive home to those that are ignorant of the theory that it is silly and ridiculous, similar to the theists constant claim that evolution states we came from monkeys or that life came from rocks?

I don't mean to be glib - an honest question and lack of understanding.  I recognize that some folks really are ignorant of the theory, having "learned" what little they think they know from "teachers" that have no interest in teaching the theory but only in convincing others that it isn't real. 

Others, though, know and understand very well that we didn't come from monkeys, that evolution does not address abiogenesis and that we will never see a flu germ turn into an elephant.  Why, then, are such comments ever allowed to leave the lips (or keyboard smile )?

1. brotheryochanan profile image60
          brotheryochananposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hyperbolic statements are allowed to leave the keyboard

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are you saying your understanding and comments about evolution are exaggerated and with only a grain of truth?  Or that your understanding of the supernatural is exaggerated far beyond what is real or truthful?

Unfortunately, when such statements are given to the ignorant, in an effort to "teach" and "educate" them, the result is that people believe them.  They actually believe that evolution includes abiogenesis, that evolution says we came from monkeys and that cats will give birth to dogs according to theory.  No hyperbole here - I've seen too many examples of exactly these kinds of statements from too many people.

Hyperbole can be useful in conversation, but must be used with care that the gullible, those wishing that such things be true, won't accept that they are.  Now: go stand in the corner for 15 minutes for perpetuating these lies, intentional or not! smile

3. jacharless profile image80
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Evolution is still happening. It has not ended. Although the "theory" is grossly skewed, time tables excessively aloof, the fundamentals of the ideas exist and are evident just in humans.

working