jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Is the integration of human and machine inevitable?

1. cjhunsinger profile image73
    cjhunsingerposted 2 years ago

As the science of computer engineering advances exponentially, are we faced with the combining of human and computerization, as a new species of life? What would be the social, political and moral ramifications of such a marriage of flesh and machine? Does the idea of a spiritual soul continue to exist within the new CompuMan? What protocols are in place to write the software of such computerized enhancements? At what point will software overtake and control the individual and to what end? Can and should software be written to control sexual desire, procreation and create a desired or designer off spring? Should a political ideology be programmed into the individual.
    Interesting questions for an inevitable situation.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image60
      EncephaloiDeadposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Like many software applications, they'll likely gum up the RAM hardware, thus requiring a reboot now and again.

Let's not even get into Malware and Viruses. smile

2. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Um, have you never heard of Steve Austin? The Terminator? These ppl have been out there for years, my friend.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image60
        EncephaloiDeadposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think the idea now is a little bit different. Some folks think that if they could map out the brain with accuracy, they might be able to duplicate it's processes, thus having a "machine" medium in which to download their thoughts, ideas, memories, etc. that resides in their own brains, allowing them to literally live forever.

Just as long as they keep up with the manufacturers maintenance agreement, of course. wink

1. Sed-me profile image83
          Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but could they jump super high? If not, Im not for it.

working