jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Common Threads?

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
    pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago

Do you think there are common threads in the different Religions? (Also another from Q&A)

1. Abbasangel profile image81
      Abbasangelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Common threads but I think you will have a very big argument on your hands to extend that to same purpose.

Well Jesus is mentioned in Moslem, Jewish and Christian - Ghandi made mention of him - however preferred Budhism (I think from memory)

Hiduism, and paganism believe in multiple deities...

pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wasn't so much pointing to who is who and who is lord over thee type or which is the truer religion type thing, in my question. I was pointing more  the wisdom that the religions try to teach.

Yes, they do all have things to teach. Mostly they are all well intentioned. So you are right in what you are saying.

What was I saying? Right in what? I asked a question.

The whole point of the common threads is that you were trying to point out the wisdom that all religions try to teach - So yes there are common threads in that respect. So you are right.

Oh haha! Thanks for clarifying that. My mind went blankety blank! (when I read your previous post)

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sure!  They are all about control of other humans beliefs.  If you scare folks enough, they will believe anything.

So for you, religion has a common thread of trying to control through fear? Is it all or just a select few, in your mind?

working