jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Explain myths?

1. maria.rose profile image59
    maria.roseposted 5 years ago

Explain myths?

1. Liam Hannan profile image59
      Liam Hannanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Myths are a form of cultural memory. They record traditions rather than facts.

2. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some traditional stories that serve to explain the worldview of any group of people who have accepted it. smile

3. pylos26 profile image76
      pylos26posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Baseless imaginations, for laughs only.

4. 69
      paarsurreyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Myth is that which does not exist in reality but has been carved in imagination as a reality.

2. 0
    just_curiousposted 5 years ago

At the risk of the wrath of the rest of the hubbers, I'll tell you what I think. I believe it is quite possible that everything we imagine has existed, or will do so, at some point. Myths could, quite possibly, have a strong basis in fact.

3. kess profile image60
    kessposted 5 years ago

myths are those occurances of the past which the mordern man disbelieves....

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Myths, legends and folktales, create and submit your own or delve deeper to find out origins and context of the great spiritual unknown. Science is one form of tool to manifest from the spiritual unknown into our ego self to be known. For example, some may think love or God is a myth, yet when one dose tap into the high energy of love or feels closer to God, is when one finds Science technology is indistinguishable from magic.

From being an artist, I find most good art is spiritual, even better is discovering a Myth or sacred explanation of how the world and humankind came to be in their present in somewhat different ways, in a very broad sense, or refer to any traditional story in society. Myth is usually true account of the remote past and how the world gained its current form.

I do not belong to any group for it limits my thinking. Inspire to a mystic approach, practices, or a reference to a mystery, mystic studies of the great spiritual knowns. A person, moving slowly with grace, into our spiritual age and closer to God.

1. kess profile image60
        kessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When so ever a person encounter a historic event which challenges his present world view/identity, it is ususally easier to dismiss it as a myth rather than change his worldview/identity.

This is aways the way of the false, to criticize and condemn that which challenges it existence...rather than accommodate even at least to come to the knowledge of Truth.

Great monuments has been built in this world by intellectualism of which science is an integral part.

But these monument are constantly being patched up, with varying theories and "new" discoveries...why?

Cause they have not been built on the foundation of

How can one have the Truth and still not know his origin?
        How can one know Truth and still not know his destination?
        Can a person have any security in his identity without The knowledge of Truth?

So we see all the kingdoms in this world are false cause none can answer these question....

Some say education ..I say education my foot.. they all one and the same...all lying all unstable all going no where....

But the one who has found Truth has it all and need no other thing.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
          Woman Of Courageposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Kess, I agree with you. The first paragraph in your message really stands out. The truth will be uncovered in due time. Thank you for sharing your well stated response.

4. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 5 years ago

I believe there are things people write off as myths in fear of the truth being exposed.