Are Atheists In Denial?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (85 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Mick Menousposted 12 years ago

An Atheist Claim on Religion, quote:

Religions are all man-made like fairy-tale stories.

Religions want to force others against their will to join them in order to take over the world.

Religions are the primary source of all conflicts, major and minor, in the world.

As I had stated in my last Forum, if Atheists and/or other non-believers have nothing nice to say about Religions, then they shouldn't say anything at all. I believe that they need to leave Religions alone. That's why we have the Separation of Church and State clause, because it protects ALL Religions from having their Civil Rights and Liberties degraded by the U.S. Federal Government and by anyone else who wish to harm or eliminate them from the world, (a.k.a. Atheists).

If Atheists claim that they're the "more better, peaceful people" and have not caused any crimes in the name of their beliefs, then why do they constantly and unremorsefully criticize, judge, and verbally hurt innocent Religions because of these three false excuses? Isn't that a crime against not only Religions but also an abuse of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution?

Are they (Atheists) in denial?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
      ceciliabeltranposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i believe that they have met some pretty rotten believers...like you've probably met some of the atheists here.

2. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes! No doubt about it. Atheists are in denial. I deny that you have made any sort of sense, and are here to flog your religious beliefs as "truth" smile
      I'm not an atheist by the way. To be an atheist one has to believe religion means something.
      The word atheist is a religious construct. smile

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

denial of what?   If you do not believe in God, then there is no denial. You simply do not believe. In truth you would never even ponder it because you have no concept of it.

If you ponder it, and struggle with it, you are not athiest..?

4. amymarie_5 profile image66
      amymarie_5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No. Athiests are not in denial. Not everyone has to have the same beliefs. I think that a lot of Christians like to force their beliefs on others and it turns people off to religion. You shouldn't let what athiests believe affect you.

5. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really? So criticizing an ideology is NOT free speech?

Since when have religions been "innocent"?

Can you provide anything tangent to which an atheist could be in denial other than a set of scriptures? And, if an atheist "denies" a set of scriptures, does the believer wholeheartedly accept it, or do they deny all other scriptures than the one set they do accept?

Who is really in denial here?

smile

6. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And pretend that society sanctioned mental illness is perfectly ok?  Never!

We'll leave you alone when you stop trying to contol our lives.

Yet religion is the one that wants to take away the civil rights of a woman to choose, or gay couples to marry.

Criticizing your ridiculous beliefs is NOT a crime.
                         BUT...
      Lying to children as soon as they are born is hardly innocent.
      Some people even consider it child abuse.

You seem to think that you are the only group with first amendment rights.

Anything that you have the right to say, someone else has an equal right to rebuttal...

As long as we are not INFRINGING upon your right to do so.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
        IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is ashamed that gays cannot marry.  And you're right that is because religion has crossed over into the State side of the coin. But what does that have to do with atheists being in denial?  Are you saying that because of the gay rights issues, atheists deny God?

2. profile image0
        Muldanianmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're right that people of faith believe that they and only they have the right to freedom of speech, whilst all those who disagree with them are infringing upon their right to believe, simply because they do not share their particular beliefs.  As an atheist, I would defend any person's right to believe in whichever god that makes them feel better about their lives.  I just wish that they would afford atheists the same right to believe in what makes sense to us.  When will the religious ever get to grips with the idea of equal opportunities.  Please understand that democracy allows everyone the right to believe in what they want to.  The religious have no more right to their beliefs than anyone else, just because they believe they are God's chosen people.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
          Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Atheists are in de nile, and the indians are in de mississippi. smile

1. earnestshub profile image79

lol lol lol

7. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"if Atheists and/or other non-believers have nothing nice to say about Religions, then they shouldn't say anything at all."

lol

That's rich. So we shouldn't point out the real harm that religion does to people on a daily basis? Teaching children they deserve hell, withholding medical treatment in favor of faith healing, bullying and oppressing gays, etc.

And for the record no atheist I've ever met wants to outlaw religion, now there might be a few out there but there's a few crazies in every group. Of course we do find lot's of religious folks who want the entire world to convert, some of which are willing to blow themselves up to do it.

8. mathsciguy profile image61
      mathsciguyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I read the quote by your atheist and saw reason after reason that this individual should not be given credibility by anybody who has respect for academic integrity.

"Religions are all man-made like fairy-tale stories."
      This assertion, like the others in the quote, is completely unsupported.  Suppose that religions are all man-made like fairy-tales.  Now, consider that many consider atheism to be a form of religion in itself.  Then, by syllogism, atheism is man-made like a fairy-tale story.  Without the standard provided by strong evidential support, this becomes a valid argument against atheism.

"Religions want to force others against their will to join them in order to take over the world."
      Suppose that this statement is true.  In order for a thing to be considered worth "taking over" it must be given some value, since a thing without value is, unarguably, not worth any trouble to take over.  Now, many religions have an eschatology that teaches some end to the known world.  Additionally, most religions teach unworldliness as a rule of proper conduct.  However, these facts are in contradiction with the assumption since the world has no value to many religions and is therefore not worth taking over (since it will, according to some religions, eventually be destroyed anyhow).

"Religions are the primary source of all conflicts, major and minor, in the world."
      Absolutely unsupportable.  Read The Statistics of Deadly Quarrels by Lewis Richardson.

I don't know who your atheist was, but he was an exceptionally poor example of an atheist, or at least an exceptionally poor example of a rational person, as many atheists seem to strive to be.

9. Apostle Jack profile image60
      Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree.They are nothing, trying present something.They don't even know what they believe themselves and want someone else to believe that hogwash.They have been brainwash by the books they read and the thought that their philosophy is better than the general population.
      THEY CAN SEE.......its just that they don't want to see.

1. getitrite profile image70

This God nonsense is really a brazen lie.  You don't worship God, because there is no evidence to support any of this nonsense.  But you DO worship man.  It is evident in the statement that you just made regarding the 'general population'

These words are spoken like a TRUE Sheeple...scared to question a book written by mortal idiots, with no more insight than a frog about the existence of God.  You are afraid to think for yourself, therefore you let long dead primitives continue to trick you into believing that God wrote a book by proxy...choosing fools to convey a nonsensical, psychotic message.  How fearful and mindless can one be?

BRAINWASHED???!!!

1. Apostle Jack profile image60

You are brainwash to believe that there is no God.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
            DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"And you are Brainwashed to believe there is a god."

The arguement goes both ways when there is no possible way to prove either is correct.

There is no proof that can be presented to either side of this argument that would change any opinions.

And IF there was...My Opinion is that the Atheist would change his/her mind...The Christian would not.

I have personal evidence,so what you say don't hold any water.If i had an apple in my hand,and you said that i didn't have  an apple in my hand.Who should i believe.......you,or the apple in my hand.

Exactly...You have "personal" evidence...that doesn't apply to all...Which is what I was stating to begin with. And an Apple...well, we could both see that now couldn't we?...God is something that can't be seen... Only felt...And not everyone has had that experience.

You seem very touchy...I was just pointing out a different point of view.

You must be very insecure in your beliefs. Only someone on shaky ground would get so defensive to a comment that wasn't even directed to them personally.

And since you obviously don't understand the concept of opposing views. Your comments, of blind misunderstanding of debating conversation/discussions, are what don't hold water.

Enjoy your day...smile

It don't apply to all,and don't 'have to in order for it to be proof.Just because you have not had the experience don't apply to everyone.
                  I don't have to go the same direction as you do to get to the same point.As long as you see it ,it don't have to look good,all it have to do is make the point.When you call me brainwash...it is personal.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
                    Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes - to be proof it does need to apply to all. What you have is a delusion that exists only in your head. Why on earth would you think anyone would accept that as proof?

2. DoubleScorpion profile image78

I didn't call you brainwashed...I used quotations to make a blanket statement not meant for anyone...It was a statement for use in the point I was posting...And just because I post something that is opposed to your view doesn't mean I believe one way or another...I am just posting...I don't talk about my beliefs on here...I just comment on a topic or post a response or different view on someone else's comments. That allows for people to think of things from a different angle or allows them to recall something that they haven't touch on in a while and re-established their beliefs.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

So, if you can show us the apple, you can show us your god, too. smile

You wanted proof,and i gave it.Now you want a whole meal.Nothing said to you will be enough,you will only see what you want to see.But what you can't see is what you are confused about.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

No, you didn't, you offered an example of how an apple is in your hand and you can see it and know it is there. We too can see the apple and agree with you it is there.

So, where is the god you say is also in your hand? No one can see it expect you. smile

2. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You may not be giving Christianity enough credit on that one. In American society, for those I am acquainted with, it is simply the default position while awaiting further information; just as atheism is for  those of us who consider ourselves to be the moderates on the opposite side of the fence.

The extremists, on both sides, appear to be too firmly entrenched to accept proof, of almost any kind.

Well, with statements like this one I put below, it is a bit hard not to just cop the abuse.

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ,"

My eyes are fine without believing in that particular branch of the christian religion, whatever that is.

1. profile image0

I'm in agreement. But I've read  a few posts by that one. I would call that firmly entrenched on one side of the fence.

In light of history and the lack of evidence; non belief makes sense to me. Belief makes sense to others for their own personal reasons. Reasonable people tend to understand that these positions are  ultimately due to lack of evidence and would, of course, be more than willing to review their stand were new evidence presented.

I can't form a deeply seated opinion, either way, on the nature of the spiritual without more evidence; so I find religionists, of every flavor, arrogant in their assumptions.

It has been my observation while looking  through these threads that quarter is given to any arrogant religious belief, as long as it is not Christian.

You may well be correct. I believe I have noticed that to some degree myself.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image78

You may be correct...I might be off with my opinion of today's christian.

Question:

If Jesus did in fact come back in human form...If his message was different than what todays christian believes to be the truth, would they believe he was in fact Jesus returned?

From what I have seen, each branch of christians seems to think that anyone who doesn't believe exactly as they believe...is not "true" christians.

1. profile image0

I have rarely wondered what the Christian churches would do if Christ was real and showed back up here. I personally think they'd crucify him. That's religion. Their power is more important than their imagined God.

But, I would love to see a survey done of the true face of Christianity. I don't know anyone, personally, that has made comments like the ones you run across on these forums.

But, maybe what's being said here is exactly what they think, too. On some levels I'd like to know; on others, maybe ignorance is bliss. I'd hate to have to sleep with one eye open, worrying about all of the loonies running around.

I agree with you on this one.

It kind of reminds me of a saying.

The "person" is smart, but "people" are stupid (Tommy Lee Jones from Men in Black)

Most who claim to be "christian" don't truly follow their claimed beliefs. They are mostly harmless if left alone..

Those classified as "fundies", well I just try to avoid those types as unless you believe just as they do, it can be a very dishearting conversation.

2. qwark profile image59
          qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

getitrite:

I'm on my feet clapping, whistling and screaming "YEHHHH!!!"
          smile:

Qwark

1. getitrite profile image70

Thank you, Qwark.

1. qwark profile image59

You're very welcome and deserving getitrite!  smile:

Qwark

10. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are Atheists in Denial? No, are religious followers in Denial? some are some are not.

You have to remember that scientific fact, logic, and reason support religion.

People who truly believe in religion are in a state of delusion, which may or may not incorporate aspects of denial.

11. Apostle Jack profile image60

They deny everything.They are the ones that come in a day late and a dollar short with nothing bur EXCUSES.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Since this is an online forum, and not a branch of the government, we are not talking about separation of church and state.

What justifies your right to the suppression of free speech?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The fact that he doesn't want to see it but, knowing that the basic facts and truths are all from atheists, can't stop himself from reading. smile

2. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How has he suppressed your free speech rights?  You got to speak, and thus you spoke.  So I don't think that you can make this a free speech issue.  Because clearly that is not what the poster was saying nor denying. 

Weak argument.

1. profile image0

I was simply pointing out that they had a constitutional right to free speech, and that this did not infringe on the rights he was claiming in his statement. I wasn't sure how separation of church and state factored into Hub Pages.

I realize this place is tiffy at times, but I was simply pointing out that they had a right to speak too.

If I misunderstood his statement, then of course he has my apologies.

3. mrpopo profile image72
    mrpopoposted 12 years ago

"As I had stated in my last Forum, if Atheists and/or other non-believers have nothing nice to say about Religions, then they shouldn't say anything at all."

Replace "Religions" with, say, "murder" or "pedophilia" or "slavery".

Should people just keep quiet about these atrocities simply because they don't invoke nice statements?

An atrocity, yet!  Religion isn't really an atrocity unless you are one of the brainwashed.  Or the child of the brainwashed.  Or the relative.  Or friend.  Or friend of the relative of the child of the brainwashed.  Or maybe if you're just human.

1. mrpopo profile image72
        mrpopoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep smile being human is enough to be affected by religion, and religion affects everybody including the irreligious. I don't think believers realize that, and they think that atheists just like to criticize them.

Oh I think they realize it - after all they are continually trying to have ever more effect.  Unfortunately that effect is not what they wish it to be so they try harder, causing the atheists to criticize ever louder and longer.

4. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 12 years ago

When atheists see terrorism committed, and bigoted views expressed by religious believers, it is hard to say nice things about religion.  When people are killing each other in the name of their god you expect non-believers to keep their mouths shut.  This would suggest that the religious want to stick their fingers in their ears because the truth is not what they want to hear.  In a democracy, people have the right to point out where an injustice exists.

5. Sunny2o0o profile image61
    Sunny2o0oposted 12 years ago

So long as religions stop sponsoring/encouraging terrorism and/or other atrocities, stop brainwashing children into believing fairy tales, and stop trying to dictate how everyone should live, I will agree to stop speaking out against religion.

Well said! I think we all would. smile

6. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

Considering it is challenging enough, in many cases, to separate a thorough and absolute atheist from a theist, I would have to argue either/or is in denial. Why do I say this? Well, for example (an no disrespect to the atheists here nor the theists), evidence is evidence; An atheist is supposedly someone who has never engaged, else engaged but dismissed entirely the 'concept' of Theos. We know this is not the case here in Hubland, as nearly 60% of replies to theological posts are by self proclaimed atheists. Which is fun, sort of paradoxical and often exhausting to those who do not adhere to either view or standpoint, but nonetheless entertaining. Even still --rationally and actually observing an atheist even enter or respond to something they are certain is pointless a is weird.

Add to that the term Theos: the root word of: theory (scientific doctrine) and theology (religious doctrine). So, either side still has a connection to the concept of the Thing in question (a concept of supremacy based on self; based on a supreme or ultimate power -likened to G/gods or proofs).

Separate the burned (out) wheat from the wheat burning out and you have essential the same product, no? Denial is simple dismissing a portion of one thought for a similar one to satisfy an assumed gain or loss of ones original perspective, attitude and goal. Belief and anti belief have the same word and constructs. Perhaps the full denial is in the need to apply the term 'belief'.

James.

7. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

All atheists "claim" en masse and by definition is that they don't believe in God. The rest is stereotyping and straw man arguments.

1. mathsciguy profile image61

Ironically, such a "claim" will always strike me as being equally as closed-minded and dogmatic as the claim by theists that they do, by definition, believe in God. 
      Perhaps I feel this way because I tend to think of things in likelihood and probabilities.  Understanding the world in this way seems to tend to cause skepticism towards everything - even skepticism towards skepticism!
      It's a mad world that we live in, for sure.

1. profile image0

Very nice point.

2. mrpopo profile image72

I think I know where you're coming with this, but I know of very few atheists that know with 100% certainty that God does not exist. Most simply find faults or contradictions in existing religions and eliminate those supposed Gods. Even Richard Dawkins does not claim to disprove God with absolute certainty. Thing is, there's just very little evidence of God as claimed by religious texts.

It's like thinking that there is an invisible pink unicorn somewhere in outer space. There certainly [i]could[/i} be, but there is just no evidence to suggest that claim.

However, the atheists that do claim to be 100% certain of their claim, well they're ironically making the same dogmatic mistake.

1. mathsciguy profile image61

Yes, I am also aware that most people who consider themselves atheists don't give the same sort of my-belief-is-infallibly-correct backing to their own ideas as many exclusivistic theists do.  This is because many people who consider themselves atheists are comfortable and familiar with the idea that new information can bring about a change in what makes sense, or what is presumed to be "the way things are." 
          For example, astronomers outside of the Church-supported Aristotelian geocentric model of the solar system went through a series of other models, each new one bringing a better degree of accuracy, before determining the "correct" one.  And new, contradicting information would result in the need to change even the currently accepted model.
          But, I tend to think of this as a type of agnosticism - except, in the case of atheists, the admission of the possibility for incorrect ideas is somewhat downplayed...

1. mrpopo profile image72

Good example. I also see it as a type of agnosticism, but I suppose they're all just labels.

8. Sunny2o0o profile image61
    Sunny2o0oposted 12 years ago

I don't think that atheists are in denial, as per the question in the original post. We live in a society with labels--something that, in any of itself, does not necessarily need to be decried.  Most labels, to some extent, are defined both by what they include and what they exclude.  Labels themselves only become necessary when they are in opposition to something:  the label "white" has no meaning if all people are "white".  Given the prevalence of religious belief in society, I think that someone can identify as belonging to a group that does not believe in any religion without, assuming that I am understanding the question correctly, implying by virtue of their non-belief that they actually believe in that which they are decrying.  To me, it is no different than saying "I am not an Objectivist," during a conversation with someone who is an Objectivist--all you're saying is that you don't share their beliefs in this regard without indicating anything further about what you actually do believe, the only difference being that, in this case, there is no single word to indicate a lack of belief in the Objectivist philosophy.  Given the afore-mentioned prevalence of religion in society, it is no surprise that a word has been created to denote the opposing position.

As to the question about the First Amendment in the Constitution, actually, that's what guarantees Americans the right to say things even when other people find such statements to be offensive.  The right not to be offended is not a right at all.

9. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5121169_f248.jpg

Another debate where more people will get banned, and nothing will ever get resolved, since I know nobody here will listen to the other's argument......

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Steven, of course no one is going to listen to the other argument. They cannot hear the argument anyways. tongue tongue

It is already common knowledge and can be said that many do not read the words others use(mostly believers). So, it's not a hearing problem....it's a comprehension problem. lol lol

10. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 12 years ago

Where'd ya go Mickey mouse...ooooppssss....sorry Mick Demous.

I don't see a rebuttal?

Oh, and by the way, there's no such thing as an "atheist."

An "Atheist" denies the existence of god/s.

How can one deny the existence of that which only exists in the imagination?

We're waiting Demous...smile:

Qwark

This "atheist" thing should be understood by now!

1. qwark profile image59

It should Earn, but the concept doesn't sink in.
        How in the world can ya deny that which doesn't exist?
        Qwark

It would help if those who use the word would look up it's origin.

A hate filled term invented by churchology (new word?) to abuse anyone who would not buy in to their murderous agenda. smile

This is why I do not call myself an atheist.

Non-believers should stop using the word to describe themselves as well. smile

1. qwark profile image59

Amen and Amen!  smile:

Qwark

11. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.John 1:18

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.2 Cor 4:4

But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.2 Cor 3:14

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.Is 42:16

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.2 Cor 4:6

(Jesus) who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.> Titus 2:14

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Eph 1:17
    Which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way. Eph 1:23

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

=- =- =-
        but since 142 look how he's grown
        all that is left is a few moones

Ok I'll quit trying to be a poet.

2. getitrite profile image70

There you go offending people, with this primitive nonsense, just because they are not psychotic enough to share your ridiculous beliefs.

This is self-righteous garbage!

12. Anne Oddity profile image60
    Anne Oddityposted 12 years ago

I think everyone having their own belief system makes the world a much more interesting place to be in. How boring would life be if we all agreed on EVERYTHING? I think it's good to have a little variation.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

I'm not sure I understand that, why would it be boring if we all agreed on the world around us? How is it more interesting if people used a wide variety of beliefs to explain things.

Wouldn't it be far more interesting if we did agree? Agreement of the world around us leads to knowledge and understanding. I can't imagine how anyone could believe that to be boring.

It would seem more likely that listening to imaginative speculations and beliefs that cannot be seen or verified would be get really boring after a while. Evidently, it does. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)