jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)

Do not shy away, the truth is painful

1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago

If We say something and it angers another, They have taken a step toward enlightenment. If They walk away, they have missed a wonderful truth.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're saying that allowing someone to anger you is taking a step toward enlightenment and walking away is missing a wonderful truth. Not necessarily. Could be just the opposite.

mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Anger is one of the stages of acceptance and is also a path to accepting suffering or grieving, if you prefer.

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As a philosopher, you'd make a great landscaper!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

lol lol lol lol

Truth? You'd be lucky if you knew what it IS or whatnot. lol

Do I care for what I believe? No. I am just musing, what you take from it is whatever you want to take from it. You would be fun to have talks with, just because you don't agree with me. Of course if we all felt the same way, the earth would be a very boring place.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It would be a boring place? WOW! You are so limited in thinking it's mind boggling. There are plenty of words to describe you and most of them I would get banned for saying. Thus, I'm done with you yet again.

Say what you feel like saying, if it makes you feel like a big person. I'm an adult, I can take it. Ater all their just words. Are they not? And why would you be offended by words? Do you feel threatened by the thoughts of others? I'm just curious as to why some people are so hostile. Does it suit a purpose?

3. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

So who's enlightened when they bust you in the mouth, them or you?  yikes

I've been hit before and I must accept the possibility of it. I am un affraid. That is but a form of enlightenment, one that has nothing to do with mysticism. You seem very hostile. Why?

1. Michele Travis profile image70
        Michele Travisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Because you can't handle the truth! ( banging fist on table)
        Opps, sorry  wrong topic,  came from a movie anyway.

2. Randy Godwin profile image94
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not hostile at all, just wondering at your lack of options in the scenario you proposed.  Enlightenment comes in many forms, some quite painful as you've found out.  smile

4. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

Out of curiosity, do you have a job? Because you might win the prize for the most threads started on this site.

I'm just a philosopher and I like to connect with others of my kind. Is that not cool? I work, when I'm not writing books or guiding a class.

1. LewSethics profile image60
        LewSethicsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"Amature archiologist, Palientologist and master martial artist. I can design your landscape but don't ask me to mow your lawn-it's beneath me. It's like asking Picasso to take your picture.
        Those are your words describing yourself.  I like the spelling.

The old lady put it together when I wasn't home. She thought it was funny, so I left it up.

1. LewSethics profile image60
            LewSethicsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Right.

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
              Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For most part I think anger is efficient, a more negative than a positive response. Only on really rare extreme moments, anger may assist in a resolve.

Being against something join the problem rather than come to a resolve. Being not for something, you will have many other adjustments you can use with your adult view of the situation.

For example if I show my anger to my client, it's most  likely we will both lose.

2. 0
        Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Right. roll

5. alinamassy profile image60
    alinamassyposted 5 years ago

Not every time truth is painful. @@@ but some time truth is painful smile

working