Tebow should have job

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years ago

The Titans, Bills and Jags need QB help. I hope this creates an opportunity to see Tebow play this year.

2. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 10 years ago

Its doubtful if we will see Tim Tebow int he NFL again. If we do its because another fool will use him as a prop, a ticket-seller even though his "brand" is not what it once was. The smart ones will see that Tebow’s presence can also become a major distraction, and that may cause some teams to shy away.
    Just like what Elway and Rex and McDaniels and Belichick saw, Tebow doesn't process the football information fast enough. To be a quarterback in the NFL, you have to go through the reads, one, two, three and four --- and then check it down. Tebow rarely got past one and then run. From what I have read he never did it at Florida either.

Paul I know you love him I think its time to come to terms with the unfortunate fact, that it's over for Tim Tebow.

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

16. Then again, Gabbert did inspire this excellent idea for a rule change from a San Diego reader named Brian: "What if eight games into every season, the league's worst team was forced to sign and start Tim Tebow for the rest of that season? Wouldn't that be a great story line/incentive to win? Why not make things interesting? It's not fair that they're forcing us to watch the likes of Blaine Gabbert or Mike Glennon throw up all over themselves when Tebow would be infinitely more entertaining. GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!"

This is awesome...from Grantland.  http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/976 … cksonville

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

If the nfl even did something like that, then I can only imagine that would only anger a lot more people than it would help.  First of all, if i was an owner of a bad team, I would not want the nfl to force me to sign and start anyone I didn't want to sign because the way i see it, it's my team, so I can have the right to sign whoever the heck I want.  Plus, that's what I would be paying General Managers for, and it would severely undermine the coaches authority because he may not even want to start tebow.

Another thing to keep in mind is the salary cap.  What if this alleged bad team didn't have enough room in the salary cap to sign Tebow, or the roster space.  What then?  Is there going to be a clause saying that the team has to cut a player just to make room for Tebow?  Look, I know your a huge Tebow fan, and for whatever it's worth, I think he's a very nice guy. 

Sadly, we have to come to the reality that Tim Tebow is not a great quarterback.  Great athlete?  sure.  Great person?  definitely.  Great leader that inspires others?  no doubt.  Great quarterback?  No.  His numbers are nowhere near what they need to be to justify such a claim, and unless he improves drastically, I doubt we'll ever see him playing qb in the nfl again.

Although I hate saying this about Tebow, I have to say it.  I apologize to all Tebow fans out there, but your boy is an idiot.  When he was on the patriots, he should've been more open to playing multiple positions on the side like Tight End, Punt Blocker, Running Back, backup quarterback and etc because if he had, I can guarantee you he would still be on the patriots.

Why do i say this?  Well for starters, Tebow has the body that would suggest he can make a great tight end, and seeing as how he knows the qb position, it would make him and Brady a deadly combination.  Plus, the pats need a tight end at the moment as well. 

Plus, we already know he can run, so him playing a running back on certain plays would've helped the patriots.  And, we all know that billichick loves to play guys out of position sometimes, so i doubt he would've had a problem using tebow for a slasher role similar to how kordell stewart used to be for the steelers.

Speaking of which, how did that work out for kordell doing the slasher role?  Didn't he end up getting the starting qb job eventually?  Therefore, that just goes to show that maybe if Tebow had been more receptive to playing a slasher role for the patriots, while biding his time to learn from Brady as a backup qb, then i think that would've been the smartest move he ever made.  Sadly, the guy didn't want to play multiple positions, so i think he's an idiot.  I apologize if that offends anyone, but I just had to come out and say that.

4. wavegirl22 profile image48

Looks like Buffalo has found a QB. The Bengals are getting a run for their money as Thad Lewis and the Bills have gone into OT.

5. wavegirl22 profile image48

Sam Bradford out for the season, heard some rumors saying the Rams maybe interested in Tebow.

6. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Man, I'd love to see him play for anyone.

How about that Jets game today. That call was terrible.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 10 years agoin reply to this

"That call" I am thinking you are talking about the penalty that gave the Jets a fresh set of downs and 15 yds. If that is the case, please read this and/ or anything else about Rule 9, Section 1, Article 3, subsection (b)(2)  Its a new rule this year can't push a teammate into the offensive formation on a field goal or try attempt.

"The Patriots lost to the Jets on Sunday as a direct result of the application of a new rule prohibiting the pushing of defensive players during field goal attempts by other defensive players.  The rule was properly applied, but that hasn’t stopped some Pats fans from insisting that the team was screwed." Read more here The Rule that Burned the Pats

Sad that its "that call" that draws headlines, for it should not take away from the amazing effort that my Jets ended a 5 game losing streak against the Pats.
      Geno Smith didnt let that early pick-six get to him and he continued to play well. As for the Jets’ defense they did what they had to when playing the Pats, they got to Tom Brady and they did it often from late in the first half on.

The Jets are alive and kicking!

As for Tebow, the rumors I read yesterday I think have been quashed. Bradford out but Jeff Fisher doesnt seem to be anymore interested in Tebow then he was before New England picked him up.

7. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

For the first time ever to have a call made in the history of the NFL, it came at a pivotal point.  Technically right, but it was atrocious in my opinion. 

Tebow is one of my favorite players to watch.  There is just something about watching him I enjoy.  Still hoping he gets a chance to play.  With all the injuries, it seems like he should at least have a job.

8. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 10 years ago

I like Tim Tebow, I hope he can find a job. He is doing charity works in the Philippines

http://www.philippinedailymirror.com/in … davao.html

9. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I saw that the Rams went with Brady Quinn.  I'll keep hoping he gets a call, but if he's doing charity work, I wonder how much he is working on his game.

10. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I check everyday to see if Tebow has  a job:)  I wonder how many QBs need to go down for him to get a shot.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I hope, really do hope he will be noticed.

11. prettydarkhorse profile image62

He wants to work as college football broadcast journalist.

1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
      Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

He has to make a living, but I'd so rather see him on the field.  I wonder if he is still working out with a QB coach.  If he got a call, is he ready?

I think he is since he prefers to work as QB.

2. profile image0

That's smartest thing he's said so far in the past few years. It's obvious that unless his mechanics have changed drastically, the reality is he'll never be a starting quarterback in the nfl.  i honestly don't care what tebow fans say, as i say that one year with the broncos was a fluke. 

He was a great college player, but as we've seen in the past with many college athletes (not limited to just football), not all of them are able to adapt to the pros.  It happens all the time. 

Sadly, tebow just happens to be one of those great college players that just can't make the transition.  Doesn't mean he sucks at playing the position.  Just that he can't play that position in the pros.

However, i do think if he wants to become a broadcaster for college football, then i think that's a great idea.  im sure he's still a big name among college sports fans, so if say espn or some other network hired him, then that would be a good idea for them.

12. profile image0
    BillyDursensposted 10 years ago

Tebow is done as an NFL QB.......time to move on.....

13. prettydarkhorse profile image62

He might go to Ohio State they say.

14. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

He needs to be playing!  I'd love to see an interview with him on what he's doing and what it will take for a team to take a shot with him.

He is not talking to any press at this mo, I think.

15. wavegirl22 profile image48

It looks like Tebow himself is preparing for the likelihood that his NFL days as a player are over. According to a Nov 10 tweet posted by NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport :

"Tim Tebow hired prominent broadcast agent CAA’s Nick Khan to join Jimmy Sexton in repping him. If no NFL, will look at college TV jobs."

Another interesting place for Tebow according to an article on Yahoo Sports has him as  as a mentor for the QB's on the staff of the Ohio State Buckeyes. You can read about that one here With Tim Tebow's NFL Prospects Fading, Could He End Up at Ohio State in 2014?

Sorry Paul but anyway you cut it ,Tebow is not suiting up on the gridiron for any NFL team again.

16. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Fans lose.  Plenty of teams need leadership. He represents hope.

1. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Terry Bradshaw the rookie

Bradshaw was the first player selected in the 1970 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers; the Steelers drew the first pick in the draft after winning a coin flip tiebreaker with the Chicago Bears due to both teams having identical 1-13 records in 1969.[9] In either case, Bradshaw was hailed at the time as the consensus number one pick.

Bradshaw became a starter in his second season after splitting time with Terry Hanratty in his rookie campaign.During his first few seasons, the 6'3", 215 lb. quarterback was erratic, threw many interceptions (he threw 210 interceptions over the course of his career) and was widely ridiculed by the media for his rural roots and perceived lack of intelligence

It took Bradshaw several seasons to adjust to the NFL, but he eventually led the Pittsburgh Steelers to eight AFC Central championships and four Super Bowl titles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bradshaw

1. PhoenixV profile image63
        PhoenixVposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Troy Aikman was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1989 NFL Draft, by the Dallas Cowboys

Aikman's NFL career started with a 28–0 loss to the New Orleans Saints. The following week, Aikman threw his first touchdown pass, a 65-yard completion to Michael Irvin, but the Atlanta Falcons intercepted two passes and won. In a game against the Phoenix Cardinals he threw for 379 yards to set an NFL rookie record.[5]  He finished 1989 with an 0-11 record as a starter, completing 155 of 293 passes for 1,749 yards, 9 TDs, 18 INTs.

3× Super Bowl champion (XXVII, XXVIII, XXX)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Aikman

17. wavegirl22 profile image48

Here ya go Paul. Tim Tebow has been offered to play football. Though it is not the NFL you may just be able to see Tebow suit up for The Milano Seamen of the Italian federation for American football!

18. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I'd watch him in the Italian league, but would rather see him in the nfl.

19. prettydarkhorse profile image62

He is going to be a broadcaster - NFL analyst

Tebow is not getting any feelers from teams wanting to rekindle his playing career, but he's definitely hearing from TV networks. It will probably be for college. But he has said before he really wants to play, but I think he know unless he goes to Italy he isnt suiting up.

Broadcasters are always there, players can retire if they are not needed anymore. 

He is talented and can learn more I suppose, his NFL career was cut short by some circumstances.

20. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

TV will pay the bills, but I'm hoping he gets one more opportunity.

He has that opportunity .. but its in Italy.

Paul . .I know how you feel about this. . but no one in the NFL is going to take Tebow and his no skills QB arm and all that comes with him. I think that is more or less a fact at this point. Hes hired one of the best firms to try to get him landed as an NFL sportscaster (CBS new station coming soon) but even in that capacity I dont think the guys in the NFL want any part of him. College sportscasting pretty much a lock. But the NFL .. I think its in his past.

21. prettydarkhorse profile image62

He has a job now, but he is open to quarterbacking, huh...

22. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Dallas should have signed him vs Philly

1. profile image0

Dallas needs a new owner that doesn't undermine his coaching staff, and allows them to do their job.

That is spot on, lol

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62

Yup, Bengals need a new QB who can win in the playoff.

23. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

This is how I feel about all of this:

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1511578_10202154229491363_2033460928_n.jpg

I am kind of dumb about this, is this a game?

PDH...first of all want to wish you a happy happy new year!

And secondly it looks like Zelkiiro is not interested in sports. So coming here, he must have been truly bored for it seems as if his intention was merely to stir up some excitement for himself.

Why else would he bother to enter into a thread about sports when he obviously dislikes the topic.

Thanks wave. Nice to see you and take care.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)