Golf relaxation

1. golfpro1020 profile image60
    golfpro1020posted 8 years ago

Golfers should always remember that when they play golf, the first thing to remember
    on a golf course is "Why am I here today?"

Most amateurs golfers are playing golf for fun, either to meet their friends, to have a good
    time, walking and admiring the scenery, listening birds whistling,or water cascades,etc..

They all go there to relax,at least most of them, but some goes there as if they are on a
    million dollar tournament and they want to win so bad that if theirs friends start playing
    better then them, they go absolutely nuts throwing theirs clubs in the woods when they
    miss a drive or a putt and even a fairway shot.

Relax, it is just a game, when you miss a shot, instead of jumping and give a bad impression
    by thinking that you are a winner and you hate to lose,why not trying to figure where you
    failed and see if you can correct it on your next shot.

Remember this little theory that I will teach you and laugh about it.If you pay $30.00 to play
    72, that will  cost you .42 cents a shot while if you play 100, it only cost you .30 cents.
    This is only a joke, but at least you could tell your friend that you are the one who made
    the best deal today!

Hvae a nice game

1. swingingkatz profile image78
      swingingkatzposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Robert

I see your point, I always try to tell people to play every hole as if it is a par 5 hole. This way you give your self a chance on every hole.

Obviously par 5's are difficult to play in 5 if you are a high handicapper but if you take into consideration that you get a shot on every par 4 and two shots on every par 3 it becomes a lot easier to comprehend. The reason for playing everything to a par 5 is that if you can do this then you hit a round of 90 which is playing to the handicap of 18.

There are a lot of 28 handicappers that would be more than happy with this method.