jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Seahawks New Coach

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

Seahawks to Hire Pete Carroll as Next Head Coach . . ???

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/n … id=4808557

2. drej2522 profile image86
    drej2522posted 6 years ago

Interesting...USC runs a pro style offense...he may be able to make the transition..although he has taken a NFL head coaching job before and he wasn't very successful.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i think he is gonna take it just to get a few people back. . .should be interesting to watch as it all unfolds

3. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 6 years ago

Wow.. now thats news.. Pete  Carrol's a great coach and a better recruiter so hell be good to make the right draft choices... although i'm not a seahwaks fan so that will probbably be bad for one my other favorite teams.

4. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 6 years ago

Pete is not made for NFL. He'll fail like he did in the past.

5. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 6 years ago

he wasnt able to make recruiting decisions. it was the gm.. this time theyll be offering him the room to build his own team which will make the difference

6. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 6 years ago

carrols no nonsense.. if hes in charge of draft decisions he won't bring in idiots who shoot their thigh off in a club.. thats the difference from last time ; or idiots who think 100 million dollar contracts arnt enough so put in jeapardy to start holding dog fighting contests for extra cash to party with!

7. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

And, I still don't think Seattle will make any difference next year. He isn't head coach material. I would say offensive coordinator or even defensive, if he got the back ground. But, otherwise, no a good idea.

Either way, I'm not the less for wear. GO COWBOYS!!! big_smile

8. barongrafft profile image60
    barongrafftposted 6 years ago

It's an interesting decision by the Seahawks who gave Mora an extremely short leash before letting him go. Teams that change coaches this quickly rarely find immediate success. So if the Seahawks give Carrol a chance to build the team, then he should do okay. If they are impatient, as they were with Mora, then he'll be done in a few years. Either way, it looks like he'll be side-stepping a boat load of alleged NCAA recruiting violations at USC. That may be another factor in him making the move...well that and millions of dollars.

9. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 6 years ago

i think you're right .. he's sidestepping ; into  millions of dollars at the same time. must be nice to be able to do that. now that you mention that , thats probably the only reason he did have such good recruting skills.. maybe he won't be such a good drafter when caps and such are imposed on him by nfl.... as Snively Snodgrass would say" EXIT... stage right!"