N.F.L. Head Coach

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (59 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

As they say the NFL sometimes stands for NOT TOO LONG  - and there are quite a few coaches tonight not knowing if they still will be coaching in the NFL for much longer.

For me Im feeling that it is time for Tom and his Gilbrides to pack it in . .
    After another ugly loss the Giants need to win their regular-season finale against the Washington Redskins and receive plenty of help from some other teams if they are to keep any hopes of playing in the post season. They need the Packers to lose or they must finish in a three-way tie with the New Orleans Saints and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Hopefully for Manning and the Gints brighter days are in their future but Tom Couglins long-term security took a turn for worse. Yes the Giants lost (again) but this is one team that looked as discombobulated as the weather in NY today (currently a blizzard is blanketing the city) They never led and were outscored in the second half, 24-3. To add more misery they are stuck in Green Bay for the night due to the storm.

Singletary's 49ers (5-10) were eliminated from playoff contention on Sunday after a 25-17 loss to Spags St. Louis Rams. Breaking news. . he was asked to resign (the NFL channel just reported that he wouldnt resign) and then he was fired.

John Fox He has been with the franchise since 2002 and he's had some great years in Carolina, but the team is at the very bottom of the league with a 2-13 .. before he got there the team was 1-15 before his arrival.- sounds like they need more than a coaching change.

Marvin Lewis - did he save his job today with a win over the Chargers?

Gary Kubiak -In a series of Tweets, John McClain made it very clear that he has changed his tune on whether the Texans coaching staff will be back next season after an embarrassing comeback win by the Denver Broncos ..

ah the list goes on tonight. . .who else do you think or do you want to say bye bye?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll say bye bye to Fisher, both he and Vince need to go!

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be the NTL.

2. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

This time next week will give much more insight, but my guess is there will be at least 4 coaching changes.

wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

and who do you think will be those 4 coaching changes?

1. profile image61
          logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fox, Singletary, Coughlin, Lewis.

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

I'm surprised they didn't just let Singletary finish the season.

As for others, there is a decent chance Shanahan ends up being one and done after his handling of Haynesworth and Mcnabb.

I think he gets another year, but don't be shocked if Sparano is out in Miami.

And don't forget Mangenius.

1. LakeShow T profile image75
        LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm also surprised with the Singletary firing. He really never had a chance with the garbage that team has had at QB. When a team selects a QB #1 overall and that QB turns out to be a bust, as is the case with Alex Smith, it really sets the franchise back for years to come.

2. wavegirl22 profile image47

I try oh how I try to forget Mangenius.. .. always nice to see him NOT on the sidelines of the Jets. Someone needs to get him a clock or a really good watch if he is ever gonna see another head coaching job.

1. jobister profile image60
          jobisterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He should take the Charlie Weis route and become a coordinator somewhere. He was pretty good at that I think.

Not really. He spent one year as a def. coordinator for the Patriots. That year New England ended up ranked 26th in the league in yards given up and 17th in points. The year before, they were ranked 9th in yards and 2nd in points. The year after he took the Jets job, they finished 6th in yards and 2nd in points.

Mangini got hired based on where he worked much more than anything he ever did there.

4. profile image61

I just saw where Singletary is officially done.
      Add Kubiak.

5. LakeShow T profile image75
      LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Added to all of those already mentioned, I would also think there is a possibility of the following coaches finding the unemployment booth at the end of the season:

Jeff Fisher (Titans) - Who is the longest tenured coach in the NFL. I think this could happen because of the friction between him and QB Vince Young. The owner of the Titans apparently loves Vince Young.

Norv Turner (Chargers) - I have not really heard many rumblings about him losing his job to this point in the last few weeks, but it seems like this has been a long time coming. It seems like a coaching change here is always rumored after one of their poor starts year-after-year and then again after their subsequent meltdown in the playoffs. Well, this year they are not even making the playoffs, so there is a chance this could finally happen.

Tom Cable (Raiders) - This team outperformed expectations this year, but at this point Cable has done enough stupid things that one more might be the final straw.

Tony Sparano (Dolphins) Team underperformed this season, Parcells hired him, and Parcells is no longer there to save him now.

I'm not saying that any of these guys will get canned, but am merely stating that the possibility is there.

Cable and Turner are safe, although Turner might be gone soon if KC and Oakland keep building on this year and eliminate the Chargers ability to wait until week 8 to begin playing. "Just win baby" is an official Raiders slogan.

Fischer is on borrowed time.

2. wavegirl22 profile image47

Norv may not be the one that has to pay for what is going on over there. Could be the special teams coach Steve Crosby for it was the special teams who seem to have cost the Chargers too many games.

6. LakeShow T profile image75

I think the most likely of all to go (fair or not) is Tom Coughlin of the Giants. This team outperformed many expectations heading into the season and really played well this season, but I think he will be out for the following reasons:

1) the players have never liked him and the media is very tough on him, which can easily influence a team's decision

2) I think he only has one year left on his contract so the Giants would not be losing a big investment

3) because there are big-named coaches like Bill Cowher just waiting to fill a high-profile position like the Giants.

Coughlin will remain in good standing until further notice as Giants co-owner John Mara has dismissed reports Coughlin's job is in jeopardy, but he hasn't come out and guaranteed the man a job next season. Coughlin's signed through 2011, Some say some of Couglins best coaching with the Giants has been with his, and his team's backs against the wall. How much more up against the wall do they need to be. This isnt the same team that overcame it all in 2007. This time back then the Giants were on fire and they were exciting to watch, Now its like waiting for a train wreck to happen. Last weeks embarrassment to the Eagles was enough for me to say . . . time for some changes. .. . fire someones arse.

It can only be expected that any team's management is not going to declare that a coaches' job is in jeopardy until that team is officially eliminated from the playoffs. There is no way the Giants ownership was going to come out cause such a distraction while the team does still have a slim chance of making the playoffs. It will be interesting to see what happens in this case after everything is determined next week. I'd be fairly certain Coughlin will be done for.

unfortunately this team needs a little shakeup, they have far too much talent not to be playing like the team that has been showing up. Something is wrong. . something is really wrong......

maybe i can make some going away cupcakes,, ,, want to help me give them out?

So cruel, but yet so kind at the same time smile

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72

Barring another miracle run like 2007, that notice will come next Monday or soon thereafter.

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Arrrrghhhhh, all this football talk in doing my head in with impatience lol.

Our teams are back to pre pre-season training since all the players trades, after season trades and national draft is all over and done.

Now I await February 11th for the pre-season cup to start before the main season in March.

If your reading this and wondering what the heck I am on about, I am talking about Australian Rules Football, the AFL.

and just as the NFL finishes up the season with the Superbowl (XLV Feb 6 ) we will all be ready to start cheering the Blu's on smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4322395_f248.jpg
        Marc Murphy and Chris Judd lead the way at Carlton training yesterday. Photo: Mal Fairclough

But right now it is these boys that need some serious believing

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4322427_f248.jpg
        New York Jets cornerback Dwight Lowery (26) celebrates with Calvin Pace (97) after Lowery intercepted a Chicago Bears pass and returned it for a touchdown in the first half an NFL football game in Chicago, Sunday, Dec. 26, 2010. (AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh)

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What an awesome photo shot!

Someone needs to put up a notice on a billboard at Times Square that reads;

NY Jets - 'Time To Believe'

Interesting thought KJ . .and you know just bit south of Times Square is Macys (Herald Square) and the theme was "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus...”
            viewed by those who BELIEVE as a symbol of the generosity and spirit of the season!

Maybe the Rex Ryan can borrow it for the next few weeks . .. and help get them fly boys back on the Believe it track!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4323097_f248.jpg

2. I am DB Cooper profile image63
            I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Except they lost that game against the Bears yesterday. They clinched a playoff spot because another team lost, not because they won. That's the very definition of "backing into the playoffs". The Jets have beat two teams that will be joining them in the postseason. Those teams are the Patriots, who the Jets beat in week 2, and the Steelers, who the Jets beat thanks to a kickoff return touchdown. They have won close games against Detroit, Cleveland, and Denver, all among the 10 worst team in the NFL.

I can't think of a recent playoff team that is less "for real" than this year's Jets. Their point differential is only +32, meaning in the average game they score about 2 points more than their opponents. The Chargers, who will not be going to the playoffs, have a +115 point different, or about a 7.5 point advantage over their opponents each game.

geez DB you sound awfully bitter.

Remember one thing. . .this is the NFL  . .and it is a game in which anything can happen.

And so what if the Jets backed into the playoffs. At the end of today, guess what, they have a spot .  and that keeps them in line of being the next team bringing the Lombardi trophy home.

Interesting how nostalgic I have been feeling lately....... seems last time I heard everyone touting the Patriots they were on their way to an almost perfect season. I think of what Antonio Pierce had to say after winning Super Bowl XL 

"We shocked the world but not ourselves," 

As the greatest of greats Vince Lombardi once said. ..

"Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is".

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4323453_f248.jpg

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory.

And let the fun begin......................

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63

It's just with Hard Knocks and Rex Ryan's mouth the Jets have been the talk of the NFL this season, and the truth is they are not a great team. They barely won the games against the teams they should have blown out, and they lost most of the games against teams that are good. Looking back at their season, they're a few lucky bounces away from being a 7 win team.

sorry DB .  . .but may you eat those words.

And I am not saying that because I am an obnoxious NY fan. I am a fan of the NFL and what I love most about the game, is that ANYTHING and any team can win on any given day. To you the Jets arent a good team, and to me they are a great team, I love Rex Ryan and all he brings to the game, including his big trash mouth. If you were a football player, who would you want to play for ???   
                  Sports Illustrated November 25, 2010 released the results of a poll asking NFL players, “For which other coach would you most like to play?” Ryan was the clear winner, with 21 percent of the vote.

Say what you want . .. bottom line "looking back at their season, they're a few lucky bounces away from being a 7 win team". . . . . . . and they are on there way to the playoffs,,, ,

Amazing things can happen, and I like the odds having a clutch player like Holmes to Believe in smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
                    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Shari...and everyone, Happy New Year to all!

This is what I love football, every game is another game, it is largely unpredictable. Although I root for Steelers my favorite team, I watch game with enthusiasm and excitement and there are times no matter who is throwing the ball as long as it is touchdown, I cheer the team, even if they are competing with Steelers, LOL.

I just love the game!

I go for underdogs and for the chance of every player and team to showcase what they have got, as long as there is enthusiasm and the will to win the game, any team can win...

Lots of factors which affect games. Enthusiasm, motivation, injuries, coaching, chance, perfect timing, etc. who knows who will win the game.

That's what makes American football the best.....

Merry Merry Maita . . hope you are having the best holiday season ever!

and I say to you on your powerful and smart words . .

AMEN!

Football rocks. . .even if it is called footy in other places. . it is the all about the beauty of the game smile

peace and love to all .. and may we all be safe.

I agree and believe the Jets have all the pieces, but sometimes it is the way the ball bounces, and the energy that comes to the game, but the way the Jets have been playing, I am almost thinking <stress almost> a Jerry Jones thought and wondering is there a disease within that could be taking over? They seem to have all the magic, the talent, but why are they dropping so many balls, where did the swagger go? Why did some news reporter have to muck up the news with what Rex and his wife do . .so what if he likes feet. .. the Aussies called football footy right? so it is natural for a footy head coach to like footies. . who the hell cares. . .

I just hope whatever bad energy is running thru Gotham at the moment, it leaves soon so my fly boys can take off and bring it home smile

Honestly, there arent many teams that should my Jets fold that I couldnt wrap my arms around and cheer to the end . . . except of course Belicheck . . sorry to me .. he wil always be the cheater and I just dont like him .. right down to his cut off jerseys . .Seriously. . has he no fashion sense <lol>

If the magic comes back to the Jets, there aint no stopping them, , ,all they gotta do is believe, , and play like the
                      F%/*king Jets!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
                    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Jets have the pieces; Sanchez is the wild card.  Good Mark manages the game, doesn't put his defense in a bind with turnovers, and makes a couple of nice plays.  Bad Mark tries to do too much and blows the game.

If they meet the Patriots again, I wonder if they'll play as soft a coverage as they did last game.  I'd take my chances with Brady throwing down field, (you have to pick your poison) and try to limit the short stuff to Welker, the tight ends, and the RB's.

3. I am DB Cooper profile image63

If I wanted to win, I'd want to play for Bill Belichick. I say that as someone who happens to root for another team in the AFC East and absolutely hates the Patriots. Belichick is obsessive about winning football games, probably to the detriment of everything else in his life including family and friends. He might not be "fun" to play for, but he brings a team prepared to win every week. In 11 seasons as the Patriots head coach, he's only had two seasons in which the team didn't win at least 10 games. One of those seasons was his first with the Patriots, so he had little control over key personnel, as he does now as acting GM of the team. Remember that this season was supposed to be a "rebuilding year" for the Patriots. That's why so many publications were picking the Jets to go to the Super Bowl before the season started.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but clearly the Jets are going to need several upsets to make it to the Super Bowl. Out of the Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, and Chiefs (the 6 teams likely to make the postseason in the AFC), I would rank the Jets last. In fact, even if we add in the NFC teams I would rank the Jets second-to-last, only ahead of whatever team wins the NFC West, which this year was the worst division in football history.

I suppose you can also tell us who is going to be the lucky one to break Bradys no interceptions for the 10th straight game  (setting the NFL record for consecutive passes thrown without an interception at 319).

Unless he is perfect its gonna happen and its gonna happen soon. Hype it up a little bit more for him. . it is sure to do wonders,  just like it has in the past.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
              Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How about the 2008 Cardinals?  They got absolutely trounced several times during the regular season, limped into the playoffs, and only lost the Super Bowl because of a spectacular Santonio Holmes catch at the end.

I think last year was an anomaly, where the teams with the best regular season records went to the Super Bowl.

The 2006 Colts were the third seed after being beaten down by the Jaguars late in the season.  It worked out pretty well for them.

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72

Pretty much everybody said that the Jets were the worst playoff team ever and didn't deserve to be there because of how they got in by other teams basically throwing the game. I think that qualifies as a less "real" team and yet they made it to the AFC Championship.

Shit happens during the playoffs.

2. profile image49
          JosiMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice photos ....... I lost my bet, the great experts at CappersIsland.com too sometimes fails to predict the right

8. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Jack Del Rio has to be on the list.  The Jags have the talent to be much more than a .500 team, but it looks like once again that's about how they'll finish.  I'm not sure he'll stay even if they do make the playoffs, unless they advance to the championship game.

Going for it on fourth down on the Jags' side of the 50 against the Colts showed how desperate he has become for a big win.  He knows his job's hanging by a thread.

Yeah, it looked like they had pulled it together enough to benefit from Indy's bad year and win the division, but there is a pretty good chance he is done too.

9. profile image61

Would Jerry Jones dump Jason Garrett if he thought he could get Bill Cowher?

10. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Kubiak is done...now if we can just hear that from the owner of the Texans! I think yesterday against the Broncs sealed his fate...if his fate hadn't been determined yet. He's already blown his best record here in Houston for a season...and he had a team that should have made marked improvements...not stumblings backwards.

For the owner of the Texans: Time to grab Cowher..while you can!

Please, Please...don't play that whine aboout how it will take awhile to the develop with a new coach. The only one who believes that...is the team players!

11. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
      AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

Has to be Marvin Lewis. The Bengals have to much talent to be 4-11 this season, far more talent then in the past. San Fransico is the same. They should of one the division. They made the right call.

12. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

I think the Jets are equal to the Steelers and Ravens. They are a good road team and they will beat some teams. Look at last year, same team, different year. They are capable.

13. LakeShow T profile image75

Looking at the headlines right now on ESPN.COM, it appears as though Tom Cable and Marvin Lewis are likely going to be done, while Gary Kubiak will likely retain his job. I believe John Fox was not retained earlier this week.

Someone explain that one.

14. LakeShow T profile image75

Tom Coughlin also apparently retained by the Giants. He probably deserves to be retained but I am surprised if this is in fact true. I really thought the Giants would be looking to make a splash and hire on a big named coach.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63

I think it's about time for my anti-Coughlin rant:

Most of my friends are Giants fans, and they absolutely hate Tom Coughlin. I've got to say, I wouldn't want him coaching my team. The only word that can describe how he acted after the meltdown against the Eagles is "cowardice".

He started his press conference by saying he wasn't going to blame the punter for what happened. He then spent the next 20 minutes blaming the punter. He claimed he warned his special teams guys on the kickoff when the Eagles were down 2 touchdowns with under 8 minutes to go to "watch out for the onside kick". Well, the sideline audio didn't show him saying that, and if he was really concerned about the onside kick (which he absolutely should have been given the situation), he should have either sent out the hands team or had the regular kick return guys set up in a formation that is prepared to handle an onside kick. He did neither, and all 5 guys started running backwards as the kicker approached the ball. Apparently all 5 guys missed Coughlin's silent warning to watch out for the onside kick.

What happened during those 8 minutes against the Eagles was an absolute breakdown in coaching. The Giants wasted multiple opportunities to run down the clock on the Eagles during that 4th quarter, and their defenses were constantly out of position. When a team is down 3 touchdowns halfway through the 4th quarter, you do not allow a wide receiver to get wide open down the middle of the field for an 80-yard touchdown. That play wasn't just the result of a safety being out of position, it was the result of the wrong defense being called for that situation. Blitzing in that situation is something my 8-year-old brother would do in Madden; you shouldn't see that type of thing in the NFL.

The way Coughlin threw his players under the bus after that game was absolutely cowardly. Berating his punter on the field immediately after the game just so we would know who to blame is something honorable coaches wouldn't do. For a directional kick, punters position their bodies at an angle toward the sideline before the snap. If the snap is bad (and it was), they lose that angle and will have trouble getting back to that angle and kicking the ball without it being blocked. It's not as simple as just kicking the ball off the side of the foot. Even after he punted to Jackson, Jackson muffed it, which should have allowed the Giants special teams to get to him. They didn't, and their lanes broke down up the middle, exposing once again how ill-prepared their special teams was.

Take a look at that last drive when the Giants had the ball in that game. How exactly do you end up in a situation where it's 4th down and there are 14 seconds left on the clock? There's a reason why this was the first punt return for a touchdown to end a regulation NFL game in history. Most teams with NFL-caliber coaches don't end up in a situation where they are punting in the final seconds of the game.

Going back to Matt Dodge's flub, why exactly was Matt Dodge still in a Giants uniform? Coughlin can blame him for screwing up that one punt, but Coughlin can't claim this was unexpected behavior. From his very first punt of the preseason, Dodge has been shanking more punts than anyone in the NFL. He's got a great leg (probably one of the best), but who cares if he's capable of a 70 yard punt if the 4 punts that come after that come off the side of his foot and go 15 yards each? The Giants knew they had a problem at punter from day 1, but they still had that problem punter in the game in the crucial point of their season in week 14. If a dog bites you once, it's the dog's fault. If a dog bites you for the 100th time, it's your fault for sticking with that dog.

OMG. . I cant believe I am in complete agreement with every word you said! Anytime you want to do another anti-Coughlin rant I am there.

How about a little Gilbride diatribe. I am hoping the rumors are true and he will be heading to UConn.

15. LakeShow T profile image75

I forgot to mention that it appears as though the Minnesota Vikings will hire on Leslie Frazier as their head coach. This is not a big surprise as it seems as though the players like himand believe in him, especially compared to former coach Childress. I also thought this would likely happen because the Vikings will still be paying a lot of money to Childress, so they probably did not want to pay for the services of a big-named coach.

Yeah, that's pretty much how they got Childress.

16. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

This is why Cincinnatti can't win, EVER! They bring Marvin Lewis back for one more year. One year ago, their total defense was 4th. Thats good for a Bengal team. This year, they are in the mid 20s. Same players, different results. That points to coaching. Plus, Carson Palmer hits the other team, more then his own receivers. Paul Brown, your boys need you.

17. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Once again, the Jets find a way to win. They play the same team that slashed them 45-3 a couple weeks ago. Look forward to a fight on this one. All, I forgot, they have Brady. Jets have Sanchez. Huh, Brady or Sanchez? Well,....What was I saying? Oh, I remember. The Tom Brady wagon is ready to board. He is the greatest quarterback ever. And, he still has years left in the tank. Patriots 41 Jets 21

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)