LeBron James Decision TV Special

1. kingis profile image78
    kingisposted 6 years ago

How many of you actually watch the LeBron James Decision on ESPN last night?  I like to hear what everyone thought of the program.  I admit I watched it last night and I am not much of a basketball let alone, NBA fan.

2. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

I didn't and have to admit that my husband who is a HUGE every sport fan did not.  I think we both get tired of all the hipe about sports figures who are 'deciding' what to do with the rest of their lives (and their millions) while the rest of us paupers just got blindly on! Seriously, we were at a swim aerobics class and crawled in the door - we must have missed it in our quest for toned and firm!  I'm still holding out the faint hope that I will be picked up by the US Women's Soccer Team for the next World Cup so trying to stay in shape!

3. Mike Lickteig profile image90
    Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago

I watched some of it, but it was incredibly boring watching ESPN broadcasters speculate and count down the minutes before James told the world which team he would grace with his presence.  I left the TV on but went into the other room. 

I am a huge basketball fan, and I found it hard to take.  ESPN speculated for a solid hour before the show ran, and discussed his decision endlessly afterwards. 

A low-key and less egotistical approach would have been preferable.  James should have shown Cleveland more consideration in his comments--too often he mentioned all the things HE did for THEM.  It would not have hurt James to let Cleveland know ahead of time that he was leaving and end his relationship with them with a bit more class. 

The way this was conducted will haunt LeBron.  The Knicks, Cavs and Bulls will be gunning for them, and the Celtics and Magic won't roll over and play dead. 

It will make for interesting basketball, but James could have used better judgment in dealing with everyone.  His secrecy seemed a stunt.