will you like to climb mount everest someday in your life?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Bikash jha profile image60
    Bikash jhaposted 13 years ago

NAMASTE to all of you first.
    climbing something like everest will be very time consuming as it almost need more than half month of training, thosand dollars worth clothes, and other criteria and expenses but still its not sure that you will surely made it or reach on top (bad weathers for unlucky people some time) in one attempt, or return home safe. so will you like to climb everest anyday the highest mountain in the world someday in your life.

Give me your reason why or why not
    and by the way welcome to nepal if your answer is yes.

1. johnshade profile image59
      johnshadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i like the idea of it but the thrill doesn't out way the risk for me, avalanches, cold, air pressure and movies that don't end well puts me off lol.
      Funny I would go sky diving however even if it has its risk, good luck if you decide to go!

Bikash jhaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

dude i a nepali , i will do it one day ,thats my dream but wait a min did you just say cold, it remind me of a 16 yrs old sherpa who lost his five fingers from his two hands(three from one and two from another) due to frostbite, a change in my thought

2. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

No, I don't really fancy that - it sounds likes way too much hard work and torture for me! I don't think I'd ever have the stamina to make it even half way up! However, I would very much like to go to Nepal and Kathmandu.

You will be welcomed in kathmandu and there are more places in nepal to visit than kathmandu( and you can avoid trekking if you want but real fun is there)  but of course you dont like to walk( stamina i know)

1. Polly C profile image90
        Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I do like walking very much, just not climbing!

but trekking mean climbing as its done in rural mountainous area where vechile are not available but they are lots of other thing you can see and do here without climbing part, can i ask you when most of the people even dont know about nepal how come you know about kathmandu

and NAMASTE by the way
          i like you

1. Polly C profile image90

I think the majority of people do know about Nepal and Kathmandu...I have seen them on TV, read about them in books...I think Michael Palin's programme (Full Circle, I think it was) was quite informative. He is a Brit who tours the world, mostly off the beaten track, making interesting travel programmes and getting to know the locals.

I have seen that show, it was about touring himalya

1. MPG Narratives profile image61
                MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I saw Michael Palin's show too. I'd like to see Nepal one day and do some walks but not Mt Everest, don't have that kind of stamina. smile

Dude whats up with every body where is humanly curiosity

3. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

no, I don't think so. it would be beautiful to visit the area, but no climbing mt. everest.
    I did read Peter Jenkins book years ago about his climbing expeditition to everest in the 1980's.  the title is Across China. It is excellent reading. I can't imagine climbing it!

cmon whats with all of you guys, you are going to make us more poorer and unemployed i mean imagine the view from the top of the world and other view and experince in journey, wont it be worth risk(frost bite, glacier, alttiude sickness and may be death).lol

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Think of the view from a plane window....

Sorry, the thought of freezing my tokus off to walk up a mountain doesn't appeal much.  I'd rather stay low enough to go fishing. smile

lol hahaha funny

cmon nobody here , i mean its highest mountain, thats like roof of the world, what happen to human passion and curisioty .

2. Sab Oh profile image56
          Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would like very much to NOT climb Mt. Everest.

cmon be brave
            yes we can

2. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me neither! I don't see the point. Every winter climbers die on the Scottish mountains because they wanted to go climbing in avalanche conditions. I have never understood the want. "I want to climb a mountain - because it is there" doesn't make sense to me. Hire a helicopter and look at it from the top if you wanted to see the view. Everest? That's just mental IMO.

cmon on helicopter, where is the adventure then

2. Polly C profile image90

I do have a Pachamama fairtrade fleece made in Nepal, and my son has a really cool winter hat with very long plait things hanging from it..that is made in Nepal as well.

well if you are interested in those traditional stuffs you can buy them in very cheap price here in nepal and its very budget fitting place especially for westerners

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Step 1:   Drum up the energy to get up on that ladder and clean out my eavesdrops

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I don't need to climb it.. i have the National Geographic channel in HD

ha ha ha
      i still dont have a company,

6. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Hey wait till tomorrow till ClimberJames (is that his name?)comes online. He's on GMT + 1 time. He'll discuss this with you smile

hey  i still have nobody with a positive answer

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)