Choosing Professional Hair Shears
Professional Hair Shears are an excellent tool for stylists. If you are a stylist and planning to purchase your first set of hair shears, you should keep certain things in mind.
Every stylist is highly dependent on his haircutting scissors. When these are made from good quality, it speaks for itself. Also, it is always better to use a pair of professional hair shears in order to get the best results.
Every individual has different type of hair and therefore requires using different types of haircutting scissors. Also, hair is very delicate and selecting the wrong hair scissors can do more harm than help. Therefore, follow these steps while choosing your professional hair shears.
- First, decide your purpose and need. Whether you want a barbering scissor only for cutting hair or for removing the bulk. If your purpose is only haircutting, then you can opt for Yoko Scissors. However, Thinning Shears or Thinners would be best to remove bulk from hair.
- Now you should select between forged shears and cast shears. Forged shears are usually of a higher quality than cast shears.
- Check the hardness of the metal used in the blades. Usually, hair shears are made with stainless steel to prevent rusting and dullness. A good pair of scissors should have a rockwell hardness of 63 HRC that means it will hold a sharper edge longer than those made from different metal.
- Stylists should always keep their scissors sharp at all times. So find out how regularly the shears need to be sharpened.
- Find out how comfortable you feel while holding the scissors. A good pair of professional hair shears should provide superior comfort and should be extremely ergonomic. This helps in preventing wrist pain, carpal tunnel syndrome or other repetitive strain injuries.
There are several varieties of professional hair shears available today. However, to achieve the best cut, you need the best scissors and by following the above guidelines, you can surely have them.
More by this Author
A client consultation helps you to establish trust with your clients as you discover their goals and concerns. Follow these 15 tips to perform a successful client consultation in your beauty salon.
Hairstylists use different types of haircutting scissors while cutting/styling hair. Know more about each type of haircutting scissors and learn how stylists use them to perform different styles.
A receding hairline is an indication of male pattern baldness. Follow these tips to hide a receding hairline and minimize the appearance of your thinning hair or balding spots.