Pointers For Tie Care!
Pointers for Tie Care
Watching the election on CNN I noticed that all the men were wearing simple ties. By simple I mean there were no flashy patterned ones on anyone.
The trend for the coming fall and winter season is a narrower style of tie in fine textures, with small patterns, such as polka dots and thin stripes.
The fact that ties are coming back into style doesn’t seem to elate a lot of men. However in my mind there is nothing snazzier then a man dressed in a well fitting suit, with a perfectly matching shirt, finished off with a beautiful crispy looking tie.
I just recently found out that ties now come in multi lengths which makes it a lot better for the big and tall fella’ too. No more ties flapping in the middle of the chest getting into the spaghetti sauce.
Here are a couple of pointers that will make the care of those expensive ties easier and will keep them nice and fresh looking for a long time to come.
· Even though most good quality ties now are wrinkle resistant never leave a tie with the knot tied.
· To remove wrinkles there are several ways; hang the tie in the bathroom when you’re having a hot shower. The steam will help straighten the creases. A word of warning though the silk and shiny surfaced ties could get water mark stains on them, so try not to drop any water on them.
· If the wrinkles are just minor roll up the ties starting from the narrow end.
· Use a hand held steamer if necessary, again taking care not to let water droplets get on the tie.
· Use an iron as a last resort only. Especially ties made from silk are heat sensitive. Have the iron on the low silk setting and cover the tie with a slightly damp cloth. Let it cool down before wearing or hanging it up to store. (Make sure you have no stains on the tie because the heat of the iron can set them in permanently.)
· If you get an ‘ooky’ on it dab it soon after with either club soda or try to have one of those stain away sticks handy. When you get home use hand dishwashing detergent and a damp sponge to gently remove the stain. Hang to dry.
· Store your ties by hanging them either on a rack especially made for them or lay them flat in a drawer. A mixture of 1 part lavender and 3 parts mint tied in a coffee filter will keep them fresh smelling too.
- Tips for Men to Look Instantly Slimmer
When putting together your new fall wardrobe try to incorporate some of these tips to make you feel and look better. 1) Contrary to what you might think, you will appear slimmer if you wear your...
- Trendy Key Pieces for Men Fall & Winter 2008/2009
For the fashionable ‘fellas,' here is a newsflash: There is a definite return to tailoring and sophistication set for the 2008/09 fall and winter season. ~It looks like plaid...
- Big and Tall Men's wear!
Did you know that every REAL man wears up to a size 38 waisted pair of pants and a shirt with a 16½
- How to fit pants and jeans
So are you frustrated with ill-fitting pants yet? Before you buy another pair of pants or jeans that sag in the butt, pucker at the pockets and/or fetter around the waist read this guide that will give...
- Tips For How To Shorten Jeans!
The problem most have with getting jeans shortened is that they don't look the same anymore once the original hem has been cut. Here I'll give you the basic and easy way. The problem most have with getting...
More by this Author
So are you frustrated with ill-fitting pants yet? Before you buy another pair of pants or jeans that sag in the butt, pucker at the pockets and/or fetter around the waist read this guide that will give you the basic...
What is hair anyway? Hair is the body covering of mammals growing through the dermis. It is made up of a protein called Keratin and amino acids. Beautiful and plentiful Hair has been, and is a most sought...
A friends daughter whose wedding I sewed and organized a few years ago came over last night with her 'Hubby'... saying that the deal on the house they had bid on had been accepted. The young couple was in seventh...