Here come the Holidays

1. 60
    Savanahposted 8 years ago

The older I get the longer my Christmas shopping list becomes. As I do every year I begin the holiday season by sitting down and making that list of names for whom I need to buy gifts for this year. Twenty years ago I could accomplish this on a mere post-it note. Now I need an entire notebook and to refinance my home in order to cover the growing costs. Where on earth did all of these people come from? It seems that every year there's another cute little addition born into the extended family. I can't hardly keep track anymore. Now when they are small it's really quite easy to pick out an inexpensive gift for them. However the problem is, they grow. And once they become teens it's near impossible to choose a gift that they will actually use, let alone appreciate. So my solution for that is "why bother"? Anyone on my list that falls into my difficult catagory from now on is getting a gift card. I'll buy a stack of them, even a couple extra for those one or two that somehow sneak into the family without my noticing. Now they can shop for themselves and in doing so, save me a whole lot of time. Besides I have more important thing to worry about, like, is it Karen or John thats become vegitarian? And how many people eat brussel sprouts?
                                              Happy Shopping!

2. livelonger profile image91
    livelongerposted 8 years ago

I actually like brussels sprouts! I mean, I prepare and eat them willingly. smile

3. Princessa profile image87
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

I love Brussel sprouts !!!  with a filet of sesame oil on top... yummmy...  For the people who do not like sprouts, here they serve chestnuts (I don't like that)

If you are short of ideas for Christmas presents you can have a look at my Santa's letter ;-)

It has couple's presents for an amusing Christmas eve!