jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Save your skin!

1. heart4theword profile image61
    heart4thewordposted 7 years ago

I've always heard putting cold cucumber slices is good for your eyes...but the best my face ever looked, and took years off my face was:  a facial treatment, where they used Arbonne products, and had me put my face over a bowl of hot water and a towel on my head.  At the end they put a nice facial lotion on my skin.  I guess it was the combination of good product and some pampering.  I just have to say when I looked in the mirror of my car, I couldn't believe how good my skin looked.  I haven't been back, yet need to.  The results did sell me on the product and they do have a daily eye cream.

2. perfumer profile image59
    perfumerposted 7 years ago

I prefer treating my skin from inside out which in my experience is a long lasting solution.

I find biochemic tissue salts very effective for skin care.

Cracks in hands: Calc. Flour.
    Dry skin: Calc. Phos., Kali. Sulph.
    Excessive dryness: Natrum Mur.
    Face full of pimples: Calc. Phos., Calc. Sulph...
    Greasy scales on skin: Kali. Phos.
    Hives: Natr. Phos.
    Itching, as from nettles: Calc. Phos.
    Itching of skin, with crawling: Kali. Phos., Calc. Phos.
    Ivy poisoning: Kali. Sulph., Natr. Mur.
    Rawness of skin in little children: Natr. Phos.
    Shingles: Kali. Mur., Natr. Mur.
    Warts: Kali. Mur.

3. Gabriella D'Anton profile image61
    Gabriella D'Antonposted 6 years ago

Taking care of your skin is a two way process, so I have to say that both of you are right.

A good routine is to clean, exfoliate and nourish the skin, but also to stimulate it through regular massage, exercise, (it helps by bringing more oxigen to the cells so the cell division process will speed up)

Eating foods rich in Omega3 (salmon, sardines, nuts, seeds) as well as anti-oxidants (fresh fruit and green salad and vegetables) also helps

4. averagemom profile image60
    averagemomposted 6 years ago

what is biochemic tissue salts?  Did you write a hub on it?  would love to find out more.  I've got lots of cracks on my feet.

1. perfumer profile image59
      perfumerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi averagemom,

Dr. Wilhelm Heinrich Schuessler discovered in the late nineteenth century how important these tissue salts were.

Biochemic tissue salts are vital to our health and function of the organs, tissues and cells. Our bodies produce these salts and they are also found in minute quantities in the food we eat.

I will create a hub on Biochemic Remedies shortly. So sorry about the delay in replying.

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I think everyone on here is right; but I'd add that I think one of the biggest things in protecting your skin is sun protection.  If you don't protect your skin from the sun from the time you're young none of the other stuff will be as effective as it otherwise could have been.

6. dinkan53 profile image76
    dinkan53posted 6 years ago

Always keep a small bottle of rose water in the refrigerator. Saturate a bit of clean cotton with cool rose water and dab liberally on your face. Enjoy the fresh feeling.

7. Sifan profile image76
    Sifanposted 6 years ago

I'm writing a series of recipes for skincare in my hub, still have more to complete. Feel free to have a look. I hope it can be fun and helpful for girls want to have beautiful skin.

Perfumer and Gabriella D'Anton, keep me updated. Your suggestions are very useful. Thanks!

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago

Well I must be doing something right. The other day, I was carded for a pack of smokes. I'll be 34 Feb. 1st.

2. yenajeon profile image82
      yenajeonposted 6 years ago

interesting... because I think my face always looks really good is when I stick my head in a basin of freezing ice water for a while. Although sometimes its hard to stand!