jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (21 posts)

Should we follow fashion trends or let fashion trends follow us??

1. FashionFame profile image60
    FashionFameposted 6 years ago

Should we follow fashion trends or let fashion trends follow us??

1. FindMyTeenFashion profile image61
      FindMyTeenFashionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know.  Either be a trend setter of make a trend your own.

2. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

NO, we should follow our hearts.  Trends come and go and when we look back on them we realize how ridiculous they were.  Follow what YOU think works...  set your own trend, be yourself, be different, be crazy, be wild, be conservative if you like, be individual, be anything... but never be a FOLLOWER!

3. Bredavies profile image70
      Bredaviesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wear what I want. Plain and simple. smile

2. Choke Frantic profile image89
    Choke Franticposted 6 years ago

I don't tend to follow trends but I do notice that several days after I wear something I see people wearing stuff very similar. So, I guess the trends follow me.

3. fashionforward profile image61
    fashionforwardposted 6 years ago

Depending on what you're wearing, both require confidence. There are some European fashions that I could NEVER pull off, but I admire people who can. And there are times when I choose to do my own thing, my friends like it, and we start our own mini-trend.

4. 0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

I don't want to dress like other people - so I tend to do my own thing and come up with my own look.  The fact is fashion trends do follow people all the time as much as some designers pretend that the ideas are unique to them.  An activity like skateboarding and the clothing is an example of street wear working it's way upwards.  It's much easier these days, not to follow trends because there is more choice in shops and we don't all have to wear the same.

5. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

I think we all follow trends whether we think it or not. After all, practically everything we wear was once a trend. You think you're picking up a unique piece at the salvation army but even that designer chose than piece based on trends.
    Florals, leather, high-waisted skirts, motorcycle jackets to patterned cardigans all come from trends!

It's nice to wear what you love and what looks good!

6. 0
    Contriceposted 6 years ago

As an adult I don't believe in following fashion trends.  I go with what looks good on me.  However, as a teen I was more "trendy."  I always knew what was coming up next.  I think it depends on the age.  Its okay and somewhat expected to follow trends when you are younger.  But when you get older I think its more important to embrace your own style and if you want to bring in a few trendy pieces then do so in a way that is appropriate for you.

7. 61
    EthicsGirlsposted 6 years ago

I have been selling fashion for the last few years & before that sold coffee. The fashion industry has its own way of doing things but despite all the forward trending on the catwalk thankfully the styles on the hight street don't actually forward as fast as I would  have thought.

I find that as I get older its easier to pick & choose the bits that actually suit me and that I don't get so hung up about what everyone else is doing.

Maybe its just about being confident in our clothes. Going for colours & styles that we like, not what the magazines say. I say pick & mix is the way to go! & loving your clothes whether they are new or 20 years old smile thats the way forward

8. rachel1984 profile image59
    rachel1984posted 6 years ago

Gofashionsky specialized in wholesaling and retailing brand handbag,wallet,jewellery,shoes,sunglasses and clothes etc.Such as Chanel,Coach,Gucci,LV,Juicy and Hermes etc.Most of our products are exported to Europe & America.Purchasing more than 5 products,all the price included shipping to USA,UK,CA,AU. The more you buy, the lower price you can get.Our factory has 10 years of experience in manufacturing experience.We have our own factory so we offer you the best price.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are these knockoffs or are they fakes/bootlegs?  I'm assuming they're not originals.

2. 60
      traderstoneposted 6 years ago

I think we should pursue the style we like instead of following the trends.

3. CCBags profile image60
      CCBagsposted 6 years ago

I think trends more or less are a reflection of what consumers are buying more of in the stores. Its also a reflection of everyday style, amped up, so to speak. I think a person should continue to create or have their own style but keep an eye on trends to either enhance or transform what they are already doing.

4. Richieb799 profile image67
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago

I've just thought of a great saying, quote me on this:

'People follow fashion trends like they follow leaders'

What does that tell you, subtle clothing and accessories can help distinguish you amongst other and make you feel good but these things aren't top priority of mine.

5. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I don't follow fashion trends at all! big_smile

6. daktari profile image60
      daktariposted 6 years ago

I don't follow trends myself. I go with what looks good and what feels good.

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...oh darn...so now i see what could happen if i keep following trends....i could end up looking like that woman in the red dress....i'll stick with yellow...

8. JayDeck profile image74
      JayDeckposted 6 years ago

Follow your own instincts and save yourself money!

9. 0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago

If fashion trends were to follow me, then THE WORLD would be in some SERIOUS TROUBLE!!! hmm

10. guyinspace profile image60
      guyinspaceposted 6 years ago

Naw, don't follow the crowd, make the crowed follow you smile