How to Install Network Interface Card
Before installing Network Interface Card, there are factors to consider when choosing a Network Interface Card (NIC) as discussed below?
· Computer Bus type – which should be compatible with the NIC architecture
· Networking Topology – when choosing your NIC card take into consideration the type and transmission speed of the topology
· Media type – Check out the type of your cable connection
· Network Interface Card types – they come in array of many sizes and speed performances of an Interface Cards is a key factor in Network performance. The sizes range from 8bits, 16 bits and 32bits. ISA is a 16bits handles 10mpbs and the 32 bit PCI handles the faster 100mbps
After buying NIC card you are now set for installation, follow the installation procedure as described below
· Switch of your computer
· Remove the system unit board cover
· Remove the metal bracket
· Press the NIC into expansion slot
· Secure the NIC to the system and fixed with a screw
· Replace the system unit board cover
· Power your computer on
· Insert the internet cable
Below are Computer networking hubs that you may find useful for your reading
Computer Network Interface Cards
- Function of repeaters in a network
A repeater is the simplest facility used for network interconnection, whose major function is to receive a network signal from one LAN terminal cable segment and to regenerate and retransmit the signal as...
- Local Area Network Design and Implementation
Hard Disc Installation and Configuration How to install your newly bought hard disc, partitioning and formatiing the drive for your data storage. LOCAL AREA NETWORK DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION (LAN) part 1 The...
- computer networking and communication guide
Computer networking and communications Network - refers to interconnection of system/computer with a view of sharing resources/communication purposes Why share resources? 1. Saving of cost Interconnected...
- Wide Area Network
WAN comprises of routers, routing protocol and transmission facilities properly constructed to enable LAN to be network together, regardless of how much geographical distance separating them. Wide Area...
More by this Author
A repeater is the simplest facility used for network interconnection, whose major function is to receive a network signal from one LAN terminal cable segment and to regenerate and retransmit the signal as it is in its...
Topology is a characteristic of a Local Area Network. It is both the physical configuration of the cabling used to connect computers in the network, and the logical way in which the system views the structure of the...
Normalization of data can be defined as a process during which the existing tables of a database are tested to find certain data dependency between the column and the rows or normalizing of data can be referred to a...