jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is the Blackberry a Dying Breed?

1. KevinTimothy profile image87
    KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago

I can't help but feel like i'm a part of a fading crowd.  Anyone still choose the Blackberry as their smartphone of choice?

1. 0
      Kathryn LJposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Dam! From your title, I was about to post that I wish they were because they grow all over my garden but I see you are referring to one of those new fangled communication devices.  Here in the sticks, your lucky if the land line works, that's if the farmer isn't drunk again and cut the line with his spraying array.  My wonky old mobile changes to a different service provider every time I walk into a new room and announces that there is no service if you try and text.  Nothing works at all if there's a storm because we have to disconnect every thing, the house gets hit by lightening.  I haven't seen a smart phone and have no idea where to buy one from.  I'm thinking that the local phone shop has been telling people that smart phones steal your soul because no one round here has one.  Either that or they're not made for French language use.  smile

1. writeyourwrongs profile image81
        writeyourwrongsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ahaha! Good work Kathryn. I clicked this link with the intention of confirming that yes, the Blackberry is a dying breed of smartphone, and left chuckling happily to myself. Thanks for the giggle.

2. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I haven't got a smartphone at all, but I am still thinking about getting one.

But I am so amused at a conversation I overheard in the local supermarket this morning. One wifie was telling another that one of her kids wanted a smartphone, but it had to be a Blackberry, nothing else would do.

She said he would wait forever, as he would not be be getting one.

I think they may have been talking about an infant!

2. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 4 years ago

I hope not.  There are a lot of jobs on the line (excluding the 2,00 that are being cut at the moment).  It's a shame that they have pushed the Blackberry 10 again.  This move might have sunk them.  sad  I'm not a BB user, but I am Canadian and prefer not to see any Canadian companies go under.  sad

3. peeples profile image90
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I have noticed the same thing that they just seem to be getting left behind now that there are so many Iphones and droids and so on. I have one because it is the perfect business phone. I hope they stay around!

4. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I like mine (and it's "smoky lilac", so I particularly like it).  I do feel like I'm among a dying breed, though.  I'd agree that it's perfect for business use.  It's simple, and straight and to the point - nothing unnecessary but everything anyone needs (and, of course, when the smoky lilac color is combined with the particular wallpaper I have on it - it's very attractive.  smile  )  I have no plans or need to switch.