Security questioned of HubPages site?

1. Faith Reaper profile image85
    Faith Reaperposted 5 months ago
    Why would I get a message on my computer questioning me about the security risk of the HubPages site?  I logged on as usual and then a security message came up asking me if I was sure I wanted to go to this site (HubPages)?  I just clicked yes and yes again and proceeded as usual.  Are we to be concerned about a security risk and logging onto this site for some reason?  I appreciate the clarification. Photo is from Pixabay public domain.

2. Sparklea profile image77
    Sparkleaposted 5 months ago

Hi dear friend Faith,
    I have no idea, I am so very low tech, but I hope some high tech people (you being one!) can help out.
    I will return to this site and re check for answers.
    I see the hubs have changed somewhat, and they seem more 'security' conscious.
    Been very hectic, but I try to check out questions and answer a few in between all going on here.
    I will send you a email soon, you are always in my mind and heart and praying daily for you and your family.
    I know you are not on Face Book, but I have received TWO security warnings this week telling me to change my password right away.
    I did it the first time, but then other FB people had been getting the notices too.
    I also get email notes from various FB friends that I KNOW are bogus so I delete them.
    We just cannot be too careful these days with technology!
    if you get a chance please drop a note and let me know how you are.  Blessings, Sparklea;)

1. Faith Reaper profile image85
      Faith Reaperposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi Dear Sparklea!

So wonderful to hear from you.  I pray you are well. 

Oh, I am about as far away from being techy as they come LOL.  I have no clue as to any kind of computer or Internet technology and I am always lost. 

Yes, I think you are right about sites being more security aware, which I know is a good thing for we can never be too safe.  I've seen some of those fake emails come in back when I had my old email address, and I knew they were not from my friends and just deleted them.

It is always so nice to see your lovely face pop in.  I understand about how crazy life can be as I, too, have not been able to be on HP much. 

I will email you too, sweetie.

Hugs and blessings always