jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

a little help please if possible

1. Madison22 profile image60
    Madison22posted 7 years ago

When I purchased my domain I made a mistake when publishing my site and used another name, a slight difference instead of using (a) I used (the) in the begining of the tiltle. Anyhow, I was completely clueless to the web developing world, still am:( I still show up when I type my url using (the) but not using (a). Gosh I know this sounds confusing, sorry. I was just wondering is this hurting me in any way as far as ranking or anything else? If anyone understood anything I wrote. Thanks for your help!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, it's not.  It's perfectly possible to have your URL and the title of your website totally different from each other, don't worry about it.

Madison22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Marisa, I was kinda hoping you would come across this. I always appreciate your knowledge and guidance.

2. yoshi97 profile image81
        yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I concur ... My current research shows the title has as much (if not more) relevance than the URL. As such, even if you have a totally wrong URL you can fix it with a really good title. smile

1. Cagsil profile image59
          Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good to know. smile

It really is, I had know idea.

2. profile image0
          Ghost32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Which is a GOOD thing, since on one of my newer Hubs, I typed "Eartbags" first--and by the time I corrected the title to "Earthbags", the URL was already locked in! lol

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I can only help you, by posting this post, to push your topic up to the top of the forums' threads. I'm not able to offer technical assistance you require.

I'm sorry, but hopefully, someone else will catch it. smile

Thanks Cagsil

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

For what, I didn't do anything. lol But, You're Welcome. smile

smile

3. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

One thing with hub titles is to try and put the keyword phrase you are targeting in the URL, regardless of the title.

e.g.if you are targeting white napkins use 'white napkins' and nothing else in the URL then use something like 'Best White Napkins for 2010' or similar as a title. If 'white napkins' has already been used by someone else try and get something close. It will help  if your main competitor is another hub.

Right now, I would just focus on clear English, Madison. Best of luck.

working