Whats the difference between 3G and 4G

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. finsofts profile image41
    finsoftsposted 13 years ago

We all heard about 3G and 4G communication technologies, is there any one who know what exactly these technologies are, please guide us.

1. jacobkuttyta profile image44
      jacobkuttytaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry, I don't know

Love to know about it.

Thanks

2. Anti-Matter profile image61
      Anti-Matterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On newer mobile phones, usually smart phones, they have 3G connectivity (As long as it's available in your area/offered by your cell provider). To be simple 3G is a fast internet connection for your phone, and 4G is it's successor. 4G promises to be significantly faster than 3G. 4G isn't "mainstream" yet or offered in many areas though.

That's all I know, anyone who knows more can feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.

1. juncolt profile image60
        juncoltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're right anti matter,4G is the successor of 3G and it runs on the technology of either LTE or Wimax.The first 4G enabled smartphone is the HTC EVO.

3. leeberttea profile image57
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uh...1G?

4. current_events profile image61
      current_eventsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did create my first Hub on 4G. I think it may answer the question. Visit the hub.http://hubpages.com/hub/What-makes-4g-the-inevitable-future

2. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 13 years ago

One of them has one extra G than the other one. LOL.

3. finsofts profile image41
    finsoftsposted 13 years ago

can any one describe about 4G in detail?

1. current_events profile image61

please check my profile, there is a new hub. Hope you wil find useful. Its about 4G

4. johnsams profile image66
    johnsamsposted 13 years ago

3G is the current generation of mobile telecommunication standards. It allows simultaneous use of speech and data services and offers data rates of up to 14 Mbps downlink and 5 Mbps uplink. 3G networks function with circuit /packetbased networks,so data can be transferred via both wired and wireless networks.

4G is the fourth and the next generation of mobile telecommunication standards. Its infrastructure will be only packet-based (all-IP). 4G will probably combine 3G, GSM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and VoIP, which means it will be a completely wireless technology.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

1. finsofts profile image41
      finsoftsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for the explanation...

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and to add just a little bit, the technology is supposed to allow for up to 100MBPS data transfer rates, wirelessly. Which is faster than some land based broad band speeds in some countries currently.

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

So 4G is Wimax?
    I read about wimax a few months ago and it is like a wide area wi-fi. A single mast can have a range of 30 miles and everyone within range will be able to have a wireless super-fast internet.
    They built one about 40 miles away from here, but they want silly money to subscribe (I'm outwith their reach anyway).
    I think the idea is that in cities the one mast will supply everyone and in that case it may well be free.

1. current_events profile image61

WiMax is not a 4G technology.

6. profile image53
    touqeerazamposted 13 years ago

The only difference is in high data rates available in 4G techniques. However in terms of users, lots of new applications will be developed to use this facility to enable high data rate internet on phone, streaming videos, vidoes tranfer etc.

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

well clearly one gram of powder, or rock. you play your own rules  lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)