jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Gross Comments on YouTube

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

I just posted some videos out on YouTube. I have read many of the comments so I am not shocked - luckily I did take the time to read the comments on many of the other videos.
    What should one do after a gross and inappropriate comment? The comment had the f bomb in it..

2. tamron profile image59
    tamronposted 4 years ago

Youtube seems to attract very disrespectful people as commenters.  I think a lot of commenter are kids.  On youtube your bound to get comments where someone will prick and pry your videos saying your incorrect thats not true.  If possible I would shut comments off if possible unless you can take the bad with the good comments.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I think people on YouTube just post to be obnoxious, probably don't even look at the video. I don't allow comments on my videos. I stopped paying attention to any comments on that site a long time ago.

4. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 4 years ago

I always disregard comments on Youtube for the exact reason and yet the funny thing is I just left a comment here but i used the $@#% (4 symbol stealth approach) and a much less offensive word than the F-Bomb

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

Being under the impression that anything (like F bombs and worse) pretty much goes on YouTube comments; and although I'm not usually one to comment at all, I once saw a really nice video with a song from a movie.  Being a stickler about poor grammar in songs, it really irked me that this otherwise beautiful and serious song has a glaring grammar error in it.  If the song weren't so serious it wouldn't bother me as much; but it got the best of me, and I posted a little comment about how the lyrics bugged me.

My comment was only - like - a two-/three-liner that said how I loved the song but had always been bothered by the one glaring grammar issue (considering that the composer is a really respected, successful, one).  (Again, I was thinking that pretty much anything goes on there, so I wasn't worried about something like "breaking YouTube etiquette or protocol rules".  )

A few days later I got an e.mail notice that someone left me a message on YouTube.  I went to it, and it was from the guy who posted the video.  The succinct message in reply to my little remark about the grammar was:

"WTF"    lol   lol  (Apparently,  YouTube people don't spend a lot of time thinking about grammar "issues" in songs.   smile  )

6. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

I'd just completely disregard 'em, and if it's possible, I encourage you to find the humor in them. For there is a LOT of humor to be found in ridiculous YouTube comments.

Allow me to present Exhibit A: http://www.theonion.com/articles/local- … rnet,2500/

Jason Menayan first introduced me to this. It made me love ridiculous online comments even more.

7. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 4 years ago

A few years back I wrote a hub about how "I am all grown up because I have a YouTube account to insult people with," and things have not changed much.  Some people use YouTube to vent their frustration because in real life they would never have the audacity to say things they say online.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

If possible delete them, report them, block them.

9. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I've had plenty of times when I've found myself in borderline-hysterics over some of the stuff that goes on in those comments.  The other thing that's funny is when people make a video to vent over something.  One woman did a whole series on dealing with a government agency.  She did her whole series from her bedroom, and at the end she just sat there and screamed (blood-curdling screams too) at the top of her lungs.  lol  Vents and rants are so much better on YouTube than on, say, HubPages.  smile

10. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 4 years ago

Speaking of funny comments, I think some one reading this forum went through my hubs to find my YouTube channel because I got a really funny, and bizarre comment last night.

11. RadAdMusic profile image72
    RadAdMusicposted 4 years ago

In my experience most people leave really nice comments. There's a few comments here and there that can be offensive but I just delete them. Usually the people that are rude don't even know what there talking about so take the negative stuff with a grain of salt.

It's easier to write a brainless negative comment then to take the time to write a posative insightful response.