jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Are comments on YouTube videos necessary?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 14 months ago

Are comments on YouTube videos necessary?

2. Araaz profile image76
    Araazposted 14 months ago

sometimes they are necessary ,specially when the videos are related to important products..

3. mike102771 profile image82
    mike102771posted 14 months ago

Yes, except when it isn’t. When constructive comments can help with future videos. The view counter can be misleading on what people really think of the video (a janky stilted video may get a lot of views for all the wrong reasons). Say the YouTuber has a lot of views but little likes, what does that mean? Giving people the ability to say what they liked and why is a better metric than a thumbs up. But then you have the trolls who will hate for the sake of hate. So as long as the poster isn’t trolling then comments are good.

4. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 14 months ago

Nope. I've had comments turned off on my YouTube channel for about five years now. I got tired of the trolls.

5. Saarith LM profile image98
    Saarith LMposted 14 months ago

Youtube comments aren't necessary as such.

However, videos that get lots of comments are ranked higher than videos with little or no comments. Youtube takes comments as user interaction, no matter if they are positive or negative, and awards higher rank based on the number of comments with recent comments having more weight.

Hope that helps.

1. Venkatachari M profile image54
      Venkatachari Mposted 14 months agoin reply to this

I also agree with this view. A comment, whether positive or negative, certainly indicates the video's value in a better rank. So, comments are always necessary and solicited.

6. LathaParanee profile image59
    LathaParaneeposted 14 months ago

Its necessary..its like Feedback ! comments can help for future videos.

7. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 13 months ago

I enjoy reading the comments, and often leave one myself.  It's a form of interaction with the community, like hubs on HubPages.

working