ThompsonPen profile image 84

Is it safe to Travel to Egypt?

Of course I know everything that is going on, and the attacks on the US Embassy in Lybia and Egypt. The attack from my view is perfectly reasonable, I would be furious too given the cause (the anti-Muslim movie). I plan to be in Cairo for the month of December, and while I have done so much research on what to do and what not to do so as to avoid trouble, it boils down to just down right asking the right people "is it safe?"

Bill Yovino profile image91

Bill Yovino says

• ThompsonPen profile image

Nicola Thompson (ThompsonPen) 4 years ago

Their anger was justified. We could talk about all the death caused over 9/11 that had nothing to do with it as well, and it's been labeled by us as perfectly reasonable

TheKatsMeow profile image87

TheKatsMeow says

• ThompsonPen profile image

I'm definitely planning to keep up to speed on everything going on there. I also want to get in contact with people actually living there so I can find exactly what the situation is

ptosis profile image80

ptosis says

• Garifalia 4 years ago

Ptosis after this I doubt any female is going to Egypt alone.

freecampingaussie profile image51

freecampingaussie says

• ThompsonPen profile image

Thank you :) I'd had a look at that site a couple weeks ago but it hadn't been updated for September. I've bookmarked it now :)

0

Garifalia says

• Garifalia 4 years ago

It's Sept. 13th in Greece 12:56 noon and I just saw on the TV news about riots that occurred in the muslim world (including Cairo) due to an American made film which satarises Mohamed. You'll just have to keep a close watch on what's happening.