jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Hired Car V/s Personal Car

1. AirportCS profile image60
    AirportCSposted 5 years ago

Do you think it is lucrative to use a hired car instead of your personal car while you are traveling a long distance?

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

roll  No!!  I always make sure my personal car is there waiting for me when I step off the plane anywhere in the world!

It costs a bit more to fly the car there on an earlier flight.. but then personally I don't like online car rental business tycoons! sad

I guess you were hoping to find someone who was jetlagged enough to give your left field self promotion a serious consideration? hmm

AirportCSposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply.If u r traveling a long distance u can face some problems like:

- It may happen that engine breakdown comes your way during the journey.But in case of hired cars it will be taken care of by the car hiring company and no headache for you at all.

- Fuel is costly now a days.It depends upon your pocket.But at the same time you will have to worry about its maintenance, which is again not cheap.

In case of hired cars you don't have to bother about maintenance.

It is also beneficial for new residents because they will only be able to drive if they are familiar with the routes. In such circumstances a car hire company will definitely be the best choice.

3. carrentalinfo profile image59
    carrentalinfoposted 5 years ago

Depends, how good/ expensive your car is. Otherwise Germans are known for their general preference to rentals than own cars when it comes for long distance travel. ( according to some research i read somewhere a while ago).

4. motherbeastly profile image60
    motherbeastlyposted 5 years ago

There's a lot to be said on both sides.  I love my own car for home and reasonable distances but a hire car in different countries makes sure you are within the law for that country.  Insurance, road tax, breakdown cover are all more likely to be correct and if you crash it because you are on the wrong side of the road you can give it back.

AirportCSposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmm !!! car hiring makes more sense when you are in a new country, or maybe your car is on maintenance.

It is a wise decision to go for car hiring when you are new and would just spend sometime in that new country or state

5. vicki simms profile image72
    vicki simmsposted 5 years ago

I think if your travelling to a different country then most definately hire a car, its a lot less hassle that trying to take your own. I always recommend my customers to take car hire on holiday so that they can make the most of seeing the destination they travel to.