jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Cat comfort

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

My son and his wife have a cat that likes to sleep on the shower door rail. Where does yours sleep?
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7895012_f248.jpg

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 4 years agoin reply to this

When I had cats, they loved to sleep on top of the tv and under the beds.

2. Lucky Cats profile image80
    Lucky Catsposted 4 years ago

In the washing machine (must be very careful to check each time...), in the smallest of boxes which are available ( I cannot quite understand how  in the world the kitty fits in there!), with the dog, on top the dog, on my face.  LOLO..for real.

1. Lisa HW profile image80
      Lisa HWposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very cute.   smile  None of my cats have really slept anywhere all that interesting.  One did make it a habit to sleep under the Christmas tree every year.  There was also one Winter when the two girl cats I had spent pretty much all their hours curled up together (crammed in, as far as I could see) into a little box (boot-size shoe-box, maybe).  They'd get up, go eat, do a few "errands",  and then return to the box.  Fortunately, it was a box that was covered with a pretty covering because I couldn't make myself throw it out, with them loving being in it so much.  I put it by the baseboard (heat), and eventually Spring came and one of them decided to outside once in awhile. I guess one could call that Winter, "The Winter of Their Complete Contentment".    smile

3. Becca's Blog profile image60
    Becca's Blogposted 4 years ago

My cat Loki (he lives up to the name) likes to sleep on top of doors... someday he will fall off. How do they sleep and keep their balance?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't know. This cat hops up on the toilet, over to the towel racks and up  onto the shower door rail, sometimes sleeping with all four legs hanging down-- one front and one back on each side of the rail.  The Karl Wallenda of cats. The feline species seems to have super  sense of balance and equilibrium.

I wonder if he thinks it's - maybe - a tree branch?    smile  Either way, it's very cute - and very impressive.   smile

4. AMFredenburg profile image81
    AMFredenburgposted 4 years ago

Digby has a similar practice (see photo). Both he and Tessie are also very fond of a sleeping bag that we all use during the winter.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7897827_f248.jpg

Oh....  cute.  He looks pretty pleased to be there too, doesn't he...    smile   

(After yesterday I'm finding a good kitty thread seems to be just what I need. )

working