Cat banging and climbing closets nonstop?

1. Kristen Howe profile image86
    Kristen Howeposted 7 weeks ago

Lately, my senior adult male cat Wylie have been very bad lately. Other than jumping on tables this spring, he now bangs and climbs on my linen and bedroom closet doors. And last night, it was the worst of it, when he kept waking me up nonstop. I've lost a lot of sleep and am super-tired. I did let him in the closets to get him to stop. I've squirted water on him with my water botttle. He has clean water, littter and food. So I don't know why he's doing it or how to really get him to stop. I'm planning on buying him a cat tree ASAP. I'm not sure o what to do anymore. Please help!

1. Gemini Fox profile image90
      Gemini Foxposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Have you taken him to a good vet?  Found this informative link re: cat health:

http://www.askthecatdoctor.com/CatIllnesses.html

Almost at the end of the article it states:
      One of the signs of hyperthyroidism in cats is increased activity. Older cats that normally would be sleeping most of the time may act more like younger cats.

Did something on the floor scare him recently so he's seeking safety higher up?

Have a cat named Cleo - so many times I've wished I could speak 'kitty".

2. Kristen Howe profile image86
    Kristen Howeposted 7 weeks ago

Hi Gemini. Not yet. I never thought he would be sick with that. Nothing on the floor or outside. The  last time it happened earlier this year, I thought it must've been the wind. But it wasn't windy on Wednesday night.  I'll check that link out.

working