I have two small male dogs that feel the need to mark everything in the house.

1. profile image44
    momof1redhedposted 8 years ago

I have two small male dogs that feel the need to mark everything in the house.  I need some tips or

2. LuvK9s profile image54
    LuvK9sposted 8 years ago

Consider the following: neutered male dogs are less likely to mark.  Obedience training can establish a more respectful relationship between you and the dogs.  The 2 boys may be competing with each other to have the "last word". Training will help them understand that the last word is up to you!  If they are litter mates, then they are probably competing with each other.  You might try "belly bands" as a temporary measure.  These are sort of like diapers that catch the urine so it does not stain furniture, carpets, etc.  You can find them in many pet supply sources.

3. profile image0
    MrsMoeposted 8 years ago

Make sure you are providing adequate marking time outside.  Letting dogs loose in the yard doesn't cover it.  They need structured walks where they can continually mark the same areas.

Teach them to "pee" on command (check my hub out on that topic).  If they then pee in the house, say "No PEE!" loudly, (or whatever term you decide on) and bring them outside until they DO pee somewhere and CALMLY praise them.

Make sure any marked spots in the house are thoroughly descented.

working