jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do people feel the need to tell you that they are a Christian?

1. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

Why do people feel the need to tell you that they are a Christian?

In many profiles on Hub Pages, Blogger, and other blog sites, people seem to need to include the fact that they are Christians in their profile. You never really see a person stating that they are Buddhist, or Pagan, or  I'm a (or insert other religion here). So why do Christian people feel the need to tell you that they are Christian on their profile?

2. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

that's a question i've wondered about myself. i think it is because they feel that by saying they are christians, people will trust them more. i find it strange because being a christian sure as heck doesn't even come close to making a person honest or trust worthy.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Because they are insecure in their beliefs.

4. Rev. Akins profile image76
    Rev. Akinsposted 5 years ago

I think it is just one of the elements that help someone define themselves. Like I would say I am a father, a brother, a pastor (and yes Christian), but I also have Crohn's disease and live in a rural community. It helps people who have similar characteristics find each other and talk. I agree there are lots of people who like to use Christian as a way to sound like they know what they are talking about, especially about the bible or how to live your life. But you can find bossy people in every aspect of human culture. smile

Otherwise, I think they consider it an important part of who they are.

5. BobMonger profile image61
    BobMongerposted 5 years ago

I tell people I'm Christian because it is part of who I am which is what profiles are all about.  Whether or not that means anything to the average person is totally up to them, but if we are to have any kind of meeting of the minds the person I'm talking to should know my value system. Being a Christian is part of what makes me "tick" and to not put that on my profile would be disingenuous to say the least..

6. kmaskreations profile image72
    kmaskreationsposted 5 years ago

It is a testimony.  It is very important to a christian who enjoys a daily walk with Christ to make that fact known.  In fact, scripture says to tell everyone.  It's like other facts that people feel are important on their profiles such as "married, single mom, man, woman."  To a christian, more importantly than anything else, is that they let the world know the redeemer in hopes that all might be saved.  To nightwork4, being a christian certainly does mean a person chooses to be honest and trustworthy.  If not,  they're fooling themselves according to scripture.

7. rocknrollcowboy profile image73
    rocknrollcowboyposted 5 years ago

I think it makes them feel good, gives them a since of being and showing others who they are and what they believe and want to signify their walk with Christ.