jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do I get my rabbit to come to me

1. profile image45
    lights99posted 8 years ago

How do I get my rabbit to come to me

How do I get my Rabbit to come to me?

2. dana825 profile image58
    dana825posted 8 years ago

Try rewarding him/her with treats every time he/she performs the desired behavior, in this case, come. Rabbits are smart, she'll get the hang of it, just make sure that being with you is more fun for her than being somewhere else so she choses to be there.

3. The Info-Bunnie profile image53
    The Info-Bunnieposted 7 years ago

If your buck or doe rabbit doesn't come to you, try hand feeding with fresh vegetables or an apple. Sometimes, rabbits can be shy, and don't like to be handled. Either try hand feeding or pick it up and masage it make it feel calm and confertable.
    Thank you.

4. britishbunnies profile image57
    britishbunniesposted 7 years ago

Rabbits are timid and the best thing you can do is work to gain your rabbits trust but spending time on the floor with him/her.  Dont call it or reach for it, just lie on the floor and you will find that eventually he/she will feel confident enough to come and sniff you and climb on you.  When this has happened you can start to speak to him/her in an encouraging voice.  Gradually over time as your rabbit gains confidence you can start to offer treats as they learn to come to their name.  Start by being close and saying their name as you give the treat and then extend the distance over time.

5. profile image46
    callue32posted 7 years ago

play with him/her let them get used to his/her name and try calling his/her name it worked with my guinea pig.Hope it works with you.

working