Has my rabbit got a behavioural problem?

1. profile image47
    chkymonkeyposted 7 years ago

Has my rabbit got a behavioural problem?

My rabbit enjoys going out in the garden and she can be quite nosey if i am doing something out there. However i have to just let her out by opening the hutch door and shooing her along to get her back in as she hates being touched/stroke. She also hates being picked up and runs if i try to touch her. Have i given her to much control to sort this problem out?

2. profile image0
    emeraldkellposted 7 years ago

Does (female rabbits) and bucks (make rabbits) have different personalities. Does are very territorial when it comes to their cage. They can be more aggressive as well. A buck on the other hand enjoyes being out of their cage. They are very curious, playful and likely to run away if given the chance. I call the buck "bunnies with ADHD" Most rabbits do not like to be touched, stroked or picked up. She is just acting like a normal rabbit. I am a rabbit breeder and have had to deal with the same issues.

3. profile image0
    QuincyDaWonderDogposted 7 years ago

no, this is not a behavioral problem.

most bunnies do not like to be picked up at all, even by trusted human "parents". this is normal. they are also very curious creatures, which is also normal bunny behavior. most bunnies have to be wrangled a bit after being outside. to reduce stress on the bunny, place a very small piece (1/2 slice) of banana or a single Craisin inside the bunny's carrier. she will follow her nose to the treat. then just pick up the carrier with your bunny in it and safely release her inside.

working