I recently got a one year old bearded dragon. I have read all that I can on them

1. profile image46
    4mamabear4posted 8 years ago

I recently got a one year old bearded dragon. I have read all that I can on them and need to...

know exactly what the temp should be in her tank. I seem to find more contradiction than anything else. I was also told that she should be fed crickets twice a day and that I should turn off her light at night so that it is like their natural environment. Also how much sand should I have in there?  I seem to have been given a lot of wrong info from someone who says that they have raised them for ever. I ask this because I have only had her for 1 week. She seemed pretty lethargic this morning, more than any other morning. I turned on the light at 8 and put in her salad. She did not touch it or

2. Whitney05 profile image81
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

there's no need for light on at night; not sure why you'd want to leave it on. crickets a few times a week, fruits and veggies daily. there shouldn't be any sand in the enclosure. Make sure the temps are right and that the bearded dragon doesn't have parasites or another illness

3. profile image44
    jsully93posted 7 years ago

I know that when it's a juvenile beardie it's dangerous and also fatal to have sand in the tank. But when it's over 1 year old i think it's okay.

working