jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Healthy cat food, I need help!

1. profile image44
    ragga86posted 8 years ago

Healthy cat food, I need help!

I've been looking for good food for my cats and all of the good labels seems not to be sold in my country (Iceland)! It's frustrating. I found this one label you haven't rewieved and I was wondering if you could do it for me to see if it is any good. This is there site http://www.ardengrange.com/ My cats have urinary problems and my vet told me to put them on Hill's C/D but I know it's not good, plus it really expensive! Please help me find the right food for my cats smile

2. jabelufiroz profile image71
    jabelufirozposted 8 years ago

"Besides keeping him indoors, the best way to assure your cat's health and longevity is to give him a good diet. It's false economy to skimp on the quality of your cat's food. Offer him the best cat food you can obtain. A few extra pennies for high-quality food will pay huge dividends in the quality of his health and life. Those pennies will save you hundreds of dollars in veterinarian bills." --The Humane Society of the United States

Proper nutrition is so important for your kitten or cat's health. If your cat is sick, has any special needs, is seriously overweight, or just for your own peace of mind, consult with your veterinarian about the proper diet and best food for your cat. If your veterinarian prescribes a particular type or brand, you should think of it as "medicine" and follow your veterinarian's advice exactly.

http://www.myhealthycat.com/cat-food.html

3. profile image44
    ragga86posted 8 years ago

All the pages I've been reading state that Hills cat food is not good at all, so I wanted to look for something better for my cats. It has so many carbohydrates and one of my cats is quite fat and it only makes him fatter!

4. profile image43
    jillbill1212posted 8 years ago

Purina fancy feast seems to have alot of benefits, They say Purina is a great brand plus i feed my cats this diet, they really seem to enjoy it also. Anything within Purina basically, it might be a tad bit expensive, but the happiness of our animals plus the health benefits are worth it smile

5. BlogggerOne profile image57
    BlogggerOneposted 7 years ago

We've been feeding our cat "The Goodlife Recipe" Cat Food for a year and a half.  She's an indoor cat and doesn't get enough exercise but seems quite healthy and not too fat.  This food is supposed to be made from a "healthy recipe" with no sugar, fillers or preseratives.  We have to be careful because out last cat died from kidney disease and we don't want that to happen again!

6. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

Fresh Raw Hamburger and Chicken is the best.  Cat's don't need vegetables and they can't taste sweets and don't need them anyway.  Get the fattest hamburger you can get because contrary to popular belief, they need a certain amount of fat.  They don't eat as much when they eat fresh meat and they do better healthwise for it.  Suppliment it with some dry cat food, not the other way around.

working