Would like a 2nd Cherry Head Red Footed Tortoise. We need a breeder referral in

1. profile image48
    crupi4posted 7 years ago

Would like a 2nd Cherry Head Red Footed Tortoise.  We need a breeder referral in Atlanta

We currently have a Cherry Head Red Footed Tortoises.  We just love him.  We tried to buy a second one, at a retail shop, but were unsuccessful.  This was before we discovered your site.  The new one had shell rot and we returned it for care.  We need some referrals as we have been unsuccessful in finding one in the Atlanta, GA area.  Would love your input.   Thanks

2. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I haven't heard of many breeders for red foot tortoises in Georgia. I would check Kingsnake.com.

Pet stores are not the best place to purchase a tortoise, much less any reptile.

I purchase both of mine from breeders in Florida.

I would suggest waiting until the next Georgia show, if you want to save on shipping costs. There are usually a few breeders there with tortoises. You may find one with Brazilians (aka cherryhead). Just be careful, as there are many breeders at shows and online that are selling Columbians with more red on the head as Brazilians. Make sure you know how to tell the difference, if you're set on one. There's really no major differences other than a few inches at adult size.

Just remember that you need to quarantine the new one for at least 90 days before introducing it to the existing tortoise.

3. Island Tropical profile image59
    Island Tropicalposted 7 years ago

Is this the type of turtle you are looking for? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEGYHgVnnvU

working