jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is my hamster hibernating or is she passing away?

1. profile image44
    CMCOposted 8 years ago

Is my hamster hibernating or is she passing away?

I have an Albino and she drinks triple the amount of water than my other hamster. But she runs around her cage and exercise ball and has had no problems eating . But this morning I found her in the corner of her cage not moving she's still alive but I dont know if she sick or hibernating. She was moving around her cage as normal very early (4:00)this morning. I noticed her like this around 11:30am. Could she be diabetic? Since she drinks so much water. Ive had her for 5 months and she has always drank so much more water than my other hamster.

2. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 8 years ago

i'd find me a vet that can help exotics & have the hamster checked out

3. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

How old is the hamster? I would highly suggest a vet, as it could be an underlying condition.

4. sassy_vampy profile image55
    sassy_vampyposted 7 years ago

I think you should take your hamster to the vet.

5. grejotte profile image78
    grejotteposted 7 years ago

Is it cold where she is? If it's not cold, your hamster shouldn't hibernate. I had a hedgehog and we had to keep the temperature above 22 celsius, or she would be in danger of hibernating (it was dangerous for her). If it's warm enough, this is not hibernating. You should find a vet, or at least you can call one and describe the problem. They will tell you if you need to see the vet.