Hello, Thank you for your site, my cat has this she is 6weeks old how will she b

1. profile image43
    hazelmist123posted 8 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your site, my cat has this she is 6weeks old how will she be able to eat...

cat food? Well she be able to use the litter box? Thank you for your help:)

2. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago

Wha does your cat have?  You didn't say.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 6 years ago

First of all, your cat is too young to be weaned. Cats should not be removed from their parents until they are a minimum of nine weeks, but preferably twelve and even better if they make it to fourteen weeks with their mother and still getting some milk from her.

Cats should be able to eat dry cat food at around twelve weeks of age. Before that, moistening with some mother's milk (or Kitten Milk Replacer -- KMR) will help them to eat the cat food. Make sure that you are choosing a high quality all life stages diet such as Taste of the Wild for your cat. I have literally saved money with this diet over store brands.

As far as the litter box, cats will naturally use the cat box. They want to dig in order to eliminate, so this shouldn't be a problem unless you have chosen a sub-standard litter or something that hurts her paws.

I know that this is an old question, but if anybody else is stopping by, it might be helpful smile

working