Housebroken dog acting no longer housebroken

1. profile image47
    kansas555posted 7 years ago

Housebroken dog acting no longer housebroken

I previously had to give up a dog (bassett hound) because I was unable to give her the time she needed to housebreak. As a result of my lack of time my carpets are now overloaded with her scent. After we gave her up my other previously housebroken dog (jack/beagle mix) has started peeing and pooping everywhere (my coffee table!?) Is this a result of the other dog being gone and her scent still being everywhere (we are changing the carpets soon)? Or is she just sad? Will I have to retrain her or will she go back to being housebroken? Thanks ahead of time for any help.

2. airsignjohnson profile image53
    airsignjohnsonposted 7 years ago

mostly new pups and dogs in our house tend to have attitude problem. sometimes they destroy things, barks, and sometimes appear to be sad especially at night times. just give him a couple of days to adjust, they need company and assurance from you that he/she is welcome in the new house. always remember a spare of time, love and care from you for your dog in exchange is their whole love and loyalty. the greatest deal we would ever have.

working