jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to Slaughter a Chicken When Alone At Home?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

How to Slaughter a Chicken When Alone At Home?

2. Chapter profile image41
    Chapterposted 7 years ago

It must be difficult. You can ask your neighbor. Or. you can tie the foot and the wing. Then you can slaughter it.

3. dabeaner profile image58
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't do it in the house, if that is what you are asking.  Do it in the yard.  Grab it by the neck just below the head and give it a fast forceful twirl to break its neck.  Then chop the head off.

Then, a big pot of boiling water to loosen the feathers (not to cook it) so they come off easier.  Then pull out all the pin feathers.

Now you are ready to open it up and clean it.  Throw some of the innards to your dogs and/or cats.  They'll love you.

Sorry I can't be more detailed.  It has been many, many years.

Bon apetit.

4. profile image0
    WildIrisposted 7 years ago

One addition to dabeaner-- After you chop off the head hang the chicken to drain the blood, otherwise the blood will settle in the meat. For some this can be an issue because the white meat will becomes dark meat.

5. profile image50
    austroandiposted 7 years ago

Grab the chicken by its feet and slam its head hard agains a brick wall. This should break its neck. Then put your foot oon the head and sever it from the body witha hard tug.
    Wait for a minute or two until the body stops pulling and wiggling and then hang it upside down by the feet. To drain the blood. Pluck with hard pulls. This is the most straining part.
    Make a large cut across the chickens' poo hole and pull out the intestines. If you want to have a strange laugh, try reading the intestines;)
    Clean out the inside. liver, heart, lungs and spine are eatable.
    First time I did it took about half an hour and one hour of cleaning up the mess. I let go of the twisting body too early, result: blood all over the place. An experienced person can do it within ten minutes.
    More info on Chickens? Visit my site
    Good luck, if you have the heart...

working