How can I keep skunks away from my yard?

1. Kay Creates profile image80
    Kay Createsposted 7 years ago

How can I keep skunks away from my yard?

2. frequentflyer profile image54
    frequentflyerposted 7 years ago

Put up a fence or use some trap that should work. If not, start hunting.

3. profile image51
    scott40272posted 7 years ago

I had the same exact problem. The stench was absolutely horrid! Luckily after 6 months, the house next door to us was finally foreclosed on and sold as a ward of the state. The people who purchased it were our eventual lifesaver They were very quiet people and looked like they didn't shower much (possibly Menonite). They were very pleasant to my wife and I, but definitely of few words. They also must have had a really large family, because there was constant traffic in and out of that house all hours of the day.

What solved our skunk problem was the household chemicals our neighbors stored in what I call their "mystery shed." The skunks stopped coming around immediately! We were so grateful I tell ya.The only strange thing was one day I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I saw someone wearing a space suit and gasmask going into the shed carrying a large bowl of liquid. I'm sure it was a mirage though, because I was going on two hours sleep that day and very exhausted.