jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

my dogs not pooping

1. profile image44
    benfisherposted 7 years ago

my dogs not pooping

hey my dog hasnt been pooping for 2 days my mum gave her raw chicken and she did some runny poos...and then she stopped pooing so i dont know whats wrong is she consipated?

2. mrsmillich profile image62
    mrsmillichposted 7 years ago

She could be constipated, or perhaps there is a blockage that you don't know about.  Dogs can and will eat just about anything they find on the ground or floor.  For instance, my mother's dog eats rocks, which cause blockages and have to be surgically removed.  I would keep an eye on her, if she continues to eat and doesn't poop, you may have a problem.
    I suggest calling your vet and describing it to them.  They will be able to assess whether they need to see her or not.  Always better to be safe.

3. profile image51
    meghancsmithnjposted 7 years ago

I hope your dog is ok! I know that when my dog eats sticks he will be more constipated. Be sure that your dog is drinking lots of water because water will help him poop...it helps us too!!!

4. dana825 profile image56
    dana825posted 7 years ago

If she is in distress, squatting with no results, take her to the vet.
    Most likely she is constipated which can clear up on it's own or you can take the dog to the vet as constipation can be caused by many different factors.