jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Our dog is going under the bed and WON'T come out. She is 9 years old and just s

1. profile image43
    drennie926posted 7 years ago

Our dog is going under the bed and WON'T come out. She is 9 years old and just started doing...

this about 3 weeks ago....Why is this happening?.....Thanks....Atlanta, GA

2. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Have you been having any bad weather, especially thunder, within 30 miles or so in the last three weeks? Is there any road or building construction nearby? Alternatively, especially if she's never shown fear of these kinds of things, is there anything in the house that has changed lately? Did she have her own space such as a bed or crate that might have been moved or changed in some way? Is she showing any signs of illness? Other than hiding under the bed, have you noticed anything else strange in her behavior?

3. dana825 profile image56
    dana825posted 7 years ago

Wychic makes excellent points but I would like to add one more.
    Has there been a change of dynamic in the house recently? Are you or anyone in your family feeling particularly anxious, overwhelmed, etc? Dogs mirror our feelings and we can't always curl up under a bed when we want to hide, they feed into your emotions and can sense there is something to fear.

4. days leaper profile image78
    days leaperposted 7 years ago

I'm no expert.  But it reminded me of something I heard.  At 9, she sounds to be getting on a bit.  And if there's kids screaming about the place, charging up and down she might be wanting peace and quiet.  Other than that, if there has been dabbling in the house like wija boards or even tarot; it may have attracted things from the world beyond, and dogs have been shown to be far more perceptive at such things than most humans.  However, if none of the above are true, she may be ill, or just waiting to go back to the big kennel in the sky.

5. lilmitzi profile image53
    lilmitziposted 7 years ago

it could be that your dog is making a safe calm place that she can go some where that he/she feels safe and comftorbal you need to creat a place (eg) a under the stairs cubberd , airing cuberd or even a crate some where that is his/her own place that nobody will intrude on him / her. i have done the same with all 3 of my dogs and it worked

6. jonywoker profile image55
    jonywokerposted 7 years ago

If your dog is going under the bed and will not come out,for dog use Waterproof dog beds.

Dog Beds UK are leading suppliers of pet products - With one of the widest ranges of dog beds in the UK. From pink to waterproof dog beds we have it all...

http://www.dog-beds-uk.co.uk/

working