jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What would make a good dog turn on there owner?

1. s_little profile image61
    s_littleposted 7 years ago

What would make a good dog turn on there owner?

2. Teresa Schultz profile image79
    Teresa Schultzposted 7 years ago

I would expect that if a dog was hurt badly, or was very sick, or had rabies, it would probably not want to be touched , and would want to be left alone, even though you just want to help or comfort the dog.

3. ahorseback profile image76
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Depends on the breed , some dogs are bread to fight, like it or not, Some Pit bulls etc. if it's bread into them their unpredicable .

4. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

in most cases from personal experience - the owner tried to make the dog into a fighting dog or guard dog and didn't know what they were doing - or did it wrong.  Most times it's the owner's treatment of the dog or the previous owner (many shelter dogs were abused)

5. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 7 years ago

i would think if the dog has rabies, that would make him/her turn on anyone, including owner

6. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

In most cases it is either past or current mistreatment. Sometimes the dog simply thinks it's the boss and when its owner "disobeys" they try to set them straight, just like they would in a pack, though this generally only happens with alpha dogs and inexperienced owners. Other than that, dogs are predators and there are times that a particular movement, reaction, etc. might trigger their predatorial instinct, which is why children always need to be supervised with any dog, no matter how sweet and well-mannered they are.

7. s_little profile image61
    s_littleposted 7 years ago

there was a story in the news paper about a mans dogs turning on him one day. he didnt servive because he pretty much had a pack of dogs. in the paper it said he raised them from puppies. in this case I think by him having so many dogs they werent treated as a regular house pet would be treated. I still thought it was weird that all of them attacked him like that as if he was a stranger.

8. Mrs. J. B. profile image58
    Mrs. J. B.posted 7 years ago

Something has happened perhaps that you are unaware of. If it is your dog then you need to elaborate more on the breed etc. If it someone ele's dog then maybe you are not getting the rntire story. Dogs do not turn out of nowhere...

working