We have a baby bird

1. profile image47
    rhi3892posted 7 years ago

We have a baby bird

we have just taking a little house sparrow in because are cat was trying to killl it. I don't know how old it is but it can't fly i aslo can't find its nest. . We have got it in a box with a birds nest from pets at home. I also don't know what to feed it. My mum is saying it won't survive. But reading from you i think it may live. I have got a friend that has bird feed should i ask for some please help as soon as you can.
    From Rhiannon (12)

2. renabean profile image51
    renabeanposted 7 years ago

If you live in the states, you should ask your parents to contact the ASPCA (RSPCA in Australia):

(212) 876-7700

And tell them about your little baby bird.

If not, contact the North Shore Animal League, and tell them:

516-883-7575

Until then, make sure the bird has plenty of water and food, and keep it's box somewhere quiet because the poor thing is probably terrified. And perhaps google what House Sparrows are allergic to, before feeding it.

If you have any other questions, please ask. Good luck

Librarygirl xx

3. rmr profile image80
    rmrposted 7 years ago

Hi there! It sounds like you've already read my Baby Sparrow hub. I've pretty well laid out what to feed him and how often. If you have any specific questions, go ahead and click the "Contact rmr" icon on my profile and send me an email. I'll be happy to give you as much info as I can.

Here's the hub again, in case you need to go back and read it:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Raising-a-baby-sparrow

working